Request: One last update.

Johnny31297

Dear KE team, I know your focus lays on RF-X exclusively now, yet I'd still like to request one last update to 7.5, as an estimated 75% of RF users cannot use X due to their PC specs and would like to continue using 7.5 for a while (me included). Things I'd like to see so 7.5 can be called a finished and working product:

• A fix for sound unmuting itself when toggling full screen
  • A fix for the editor not remembering its layout
  • A fix for this lighting bug
  • A fix for the muted variometer making a persistent sound when exiting editor.
  • A fix for the reset button going completely inop when you hold shortly after exiting the editor.
  • The possibility to freely switch between physics and visual mesh view in editor (especially helpful when editing a complex aircraft that slows the physics display down a lot) (currently tied to active tabs)

Thank you.

Last edited:
Dear KE team, I know your focus lays on RF-X exclusively now, yet I'd still like to request one last update to 7.5, as an estimated 75% of RF users cannot use X due to their PC specs and would like to continue using 7.5 for a while (me included). Things I'd like to see so 7.5 can be called a finished and working product:

• A fix for sound unmuting itself when toggling full screen
  • A fix for the editor not remembering its layout
  • A fix for this lighting bug
  • A fix for the muted variometer making a persistent sound when exiting editor.

Thank you.

I would enjoy this too.

Added two more points to the list. Ryan please see this :)

Would be nice to get the Quads from the Drone Edition too, I don't think it's going though. At least not in 7.5, maybe in RF-X....

Jim already said that we should not expect realflight 7.5 to receive any more updates. It's all about RF-X for Knife Edge now.

The one that just kinda bugs me is when you edit an airport. It saves your changes and exits making you have to reload the program. Very minor but annoying when working on a new field or a variation of one. RF-X is going to be years off for me. I don't mind keeping my copy sitting until computers come down in price capable of running it well. Just don't make me go out and buy RF-X version 2 before I can enjoy this one.

Those two quads from Drone would be nice to have actually, especially the 3D one since they removed the Invertix again. I was able to export it and carry it over, but I'm probably alone with that. :eek:

The airport editor is something I never considered an annoyance. I always looked at it as a different program, considering it had to load the ENTIRE scenery! :eek:

The one that just kinda bugs me is when you edit an airport. It saves your changes and exits making you have to reload the program. Very minor but annoying when working on a new field or a variation of one. RF-X is going to be years off for me. I don't mind keeping my copy sitting until computers come down in price capable of running it well. Just don't make me go out and buy RF-X version 2 before I can enjoy this one.

RealFlight has a history of a new version every other year, a tic-toc cadence. RF-X v1 is the tic, next year is the toc with most likely a 1.5 version coming next year. A year after would be 2.0.

This is all speculation of course and RF-X might change the release time frame for new versions.

Whats the deal with the giant Edge 540 with black smoke? :confused:

This has been discussed ad nauseam on different threads. To recap...

There is one JERK who impersonates actual pilots... myself included. He smokes up the rooms and claims to spread malware. He uses a VPN to mask his IP so banning him does not work. He uses foul language and is generally abusive. His stated goal is to crap all over everyone else's fun.

He cannot fly at all which is why he uses that idiotic 400 size Edge to hang in front of the camera. He is retarded and has confessed to romantic fantasies about his father (whoever that might have been).

It's best just to HIDE him... that way you can't see him or his smoke.

Back