mu2-sn-330-panel.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 8
  • mu2k-g600-46_0.jpg
    mu2k-g600-46_0.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 0527538.jpg
    0527538.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 7
I'll see your Favorite Business Executive Aircraft and Raise you mine, The Howard 500.

01.jpg

Howard500-002.jpg

Howard500-005.jpg

Howard500-2.jpg

Howard500-006.jpg

Hard to find a 3-View of this aircraft, I know there is a model in FSX though. Its Close to a Ventura but not exactly the same. Only parts of the wing are shared. 400mph Cruise Speeds would definitely get you where you needed to go and with the P&W R-2800's it had, People would know you were there :p

This page shows the modeling of the 500 for FSX and has a couple detail shots including a good side view of the fuse.
http://www.flightsimonline.com/howard500/Howard500model.htm

Last edited:
Mitsubishi MU-2

Handful to fly and killed a lot of people until a special flight training directive was issued. Now with the training, it is considered a very safe plane in comparison to other turbo prop twins.

The Howard's scheme is too military looking for my taste in a private aircraft.

Mitsubishi MU-2

Handful to fly and killed a lot of people until a special flight training directive was issued. Now with the training, it is considered a very safe plane in comparison to other turbo prop twins.

The Howard's scheme is too military looking for my taste in a private aircraft.

The Howard is a conversion of a Lockheed Ventura that was streamlined and pressurized. That would be why it looks like a military aircraft even though it was built in the late 50's and early 60's. The performance was as good as early jet powered executive transports and in some cases even better. According to the website I found a lot of information on the plane, the guy flys it every few days so it gets plenty of use.

This is a awesome Video of the only 2 remaining Airworthy Howards, both owned by the same guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HBmeWL-or0

Last edited:
Not saying anything negative about the aircraft... just that the paint scheme is too military oriented for MY TASTE on a civilian aircraft. It is a great paint scheme... borrowing elements from many war-birds.

In my mind... it is either military or civilian... don't want to see them mixed. And it is fine to restore a plane to the military use of a civilian plane ... ie L-4 BirdDog.

I do like the sister's scheme; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Nrl69cUyI You will see it towards the end of the video.

I don't like OD Green on a civilian bird... so shoot me.

Last edited:
I have the file converted to Wings. It's good for a template, but the existing geometry is not compatible with RF.

Some one is gonna end up painting that like the F-117 Nighthawk

It does look a lot like the F-117. Here is a picture of one I am building for my son. Should be ready for this weekend to fly. He wanted a camo theme. I used camo Duck tape to dress it up.

Attachments

• DSC03345.jpg
    DSC03345.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 12
I have the file converted to Wings. It's good for a template, but the existing geometry is not compatible with RF.

I also have the Metasequoia files Jeff used to convert to Wings, if that is of any use to you. Not sure if that would be helpful or not.

Either you or me, doesn't much mater. It's a flat foamy, so it souldn't take more than an hour to model with a quide. Then throw in some repository stock for the motor and the modeling is done.

It does look a lot like the F-117. Here is a picture of one I am building for my son. Should be ready for this weekend to fly. He wanted a camo theme. I used camo Duck tape to dress it up.

Well, I'd say duct tape would way it down, but...

(Myth Busters)

Attachments

• Kari, Fuel and Duct Tape.jpg
    Kari, Fuel and Duct Tape.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 32
Yeah. That's the part I didn't want to do. I'll send you the file tonight.
I got the files and they included what seems to be perfectly usable 3DS files of less than 1500 polys. Any reason not to just recombine and rename for import to RF :confused:

Back