retracts

ticktockflyer

Hi,
Hi,

Just bought realflight-- got me hooked!!

Now to the puzzles---

I cannot find any way to get retracts working on any aircraft. Retracts are mentioned in the virtual channels section, but thats all I can find.

I cannot get rotors to wind upon any helicopter--I can see all tail and rotor surfaces responding, but rotors do not turn.

With all Quads , pitch and throttle are OK, but roll is almost non existant, and yaw results in total ful revs to one side, instant roll over.

What am I doing wrong, or what am I not doing right?
I am using Win 7 on a laptop (Toshiba Satellite pro) , DX6 I , and a Realflight cable interface in the trainer port of the DX6i

Thanks,

Steve G

First make sure your radio is setup properly. Read the sticky about field radio setup. Your radio has a good post with detailed instructions 12oclockhigh posted and will ensure that your radio is setup properly. YUIO are the virtual channel buttons that will toggle the channels on and off. They will function the different items setup on those channels.

Regarding Retracts

Most aircraft do not have retractable landing gear. Typically the scale aircraft such as the war planes will have retracts. For example; B29, Mustang, B17. The Cessna 310 has retracts. I think that there are a couple of helis that have the feature.

The designer of the aircraft has to make this feature part of the design from the beginning to make this possible. So it either has retracts or it does not.

You can look at the aircraft description in the aircraft editor to see what features the aircraft includes and what controller switches activate the features. Typically the retracts are on channel 7 a two way switch.

You really need to follow my directions in the forum stickies to learn how to program the Spektrum Dx6i radio to work with Real Flight.

Back