Reverse Edge Canard

malberi1

To all, visit softglue.net the About page & the Reverse Edge Wing & Airfoil Designs & Model Airplane Designs airplane schematic drawings, I designed as early as 2004. They include two airfoils designs by me. They are schematics, not plans. The Model Airplane Designs are of a universal wing design. I've built as a shoulder wing, a mid wing sport flyer and a staggered wing biplane as traditional 1/2A scale construction with the same wing design and two different airfoils also posted. To build them this way the construction has to be both ultra light weight to support up to 2000 mA poly lithium battery packs & has to be reinforced. I also as 50+ years of modeling have my own traditional light weight reinforced construction structural design. I also designed as part of this construction a patent-able general purpose beam brace called a "bent beam, lateral and torsion mechanical beam brace". Its completely based on arc reinforcement physics used commonly in building arc bridges. One of the strongest and most reliable forms of bridges that can be designed and built.

I designed the reverse edge canard methodology based on my background as a general physicist. I posses a bachelor's of science in general physics & used basic aeronautical practical physics to help me in the reverse edge wing canard and airfoils designs. The reverse edge concept is based on the Wright concept of aircraft design. Its called a reverse canard, because the largest edge sweep angle is reversed. The trailing edge has a larger sweep angle than the leading edge. With traditional wings, this is not so. As such the wings look backwards when mounted. Hence, they belong to a special family of canards with three working models designed and built by me.

Any visitor is welcome. The schematics state, "licensed for reading only" becasue they are not build-able planes. So the ratios such as wing tip to root ratios are not considered good flying designs & the drawings are not to any proven scale by me. If the schematics were taken and properly designed and ratios resized properly they would all fly great, if the right traditional construction was used. As anything larger than 1/2A such as 60 or 72 inch, etc with a traditional fuselage frame, traditional building would be the right choice & all would fly great. Until then all are welcome to read, even post feedback for me here. Please do not respond as softglue. This is a business company website. The aeronautics is posted as part of my personal background only as its owner.

I hope to license the reverse edge wing family & airfoil designs to modeling in the future.

To all as ps, I've been an advocate of RC flight simulation since the 1990's. Its the only good way to self learn and improve your flying skills allowing the flyer to make those critical mistakes that destroy the aircraft learning. As prof for me, I completely learned to fly helicopters as flight simulation. Bought my first indoor / out door helicopter, took it off, simple flew it as that first time and landed it safely in my room actually. This is many years ago now, but I did. I learned how to fly airplanes the traditional way of transmitter back and forth 35 years ago. While this works, its tough to just learn this way; even if you use a buddy box system. This completely makes flying for real in organized control club or even better at an approved flying site public park. In short if they disappear, I as software developer will design and sell my own. RC simulators are a vital part of modern dynamic modeling hobby past time business and economy for cars, boats & ships, and aircraft of any kind.

regards,

Mark L. Alberi

50+ years of building and flying

Back