RF 6 demo

Is there or will there be a demo available of the new Real Flight 6? I would like to make sure my computer can handle the updated physics and graphics.

I bet there will be. Try the G5 demo. It doesn't sound like RF6 will be any more resource intensive than G5.

I am currently using G5 and it works fine. Recent technologies such as DX10 and shader 3.0 won't even load on my p.c.. I would expect some advancements in the graphics in the two years ver5 has been out. It is just a matter of time until software updates won't run on my 9 year old system.

Brianappjj said:
I am currently using G5 and it works fine. Recent technologies such as DX10 and shader 3.0 won't even load on my p.c.. I would expect some advancements in the graphics in the two years ver5 has been out. It is just a matter of time until software updates won't run on my 9 year old system.
Don't hold your breath. They've already said they're still using DX9c for RF6. :( Somehow I doubt they've updated shaders.

RF6 has slightly better performance than RFG5.5 on low end hardware.

We focused on compatibility and performance rather than adding new rendering features.

Jim

The good thing is that the price of a computer that runs RF decently keeps coming down. Nine years is a couple of lifetimes in the computer business. I understand the cash crunch... seems to be going around these days.

Even if you are not a candidate for upgrade, you can still enjoy where you are. My guess is that you probably won't have a problem, but do check out a demo first.

Back