RF 7.5 infos

Johnny31297

Just came in via FB.. QUADS! Gogogogogo KE... Need that on the server!

Attachments

• 10448479_10152543124653229_5185355499591376418_o.jpg
    10448479_10152543124653229_5185355499591376418_o.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 72
A COMPLETELY new aircraft editor. It's organized better than the old one but will take some getting used to using..

I like the gimbals on the camera view as well as the visual camera. Gyro stabilization works great!!

Attachments

• new Editor.JPG
    new Editor.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 30
  • deadcat.JPG
    deadcat.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
There have been a lot of requests for multirotor aircraft in RealFlight. Now we have 3 to 8 rotor aircraft from KE available. The deadcat is a reward aircraft and unless you complete the challenge you don't have it. It's a novelty in my opinion. I do like the new editor, kinda on the fence about the return to home feature in the electronics on the multirotor Gyro though.. I would like for it to have a way to tell it where the home position is instead of it landing at the spawn point. Perhaps a keyboard command needs to be created for this.

Last edited:
Well, I just had to wring out the Octocopter 1000 full speed ahead Scotty. The copter starts rotating on me and cannot be controlled with rudder.

I don't know if the real aircraft responds this way... with all motors tipped forward, might not leave any energy for steering.

I am kind of sad to see so much emphisis on multi-rotors, but that is the financial fact of life. With all the photographers jumping into this, RF7.5 has become the best MR sim available. That may end up helping all of us.

Okay, let's look at it realistically and without rage because of some dead animals.

KE did a great job setting up those copters and developing the electronics. Return to home and position holding are extremely cool, flying FPV with that stuff is actually fun.

I'd like plain outputs for throttle, elevator and aileron so I can put these controllers into helicopters, especially for scale flying this might be cool to mess around with.

The editor is extremely buggy and crashed a few times, but the concept is good and was needed.

What I personally would wish for is 3D quad support (CP and reversing props), I badly want to build an Invertix.

Well, I just had to wring out the Octocopter 1000 full speed ahead Scotty. The copter starts rotating on me and cannot be controlled with rudder.

I don't know if the real aircraft responds this way... with all motors tipped forward, might not leave any energy for steering.

I am kind of sad to see so much emphisis on multi-rotors, but that is the financial fact of life. With all the photographers jumping into this, RF7.5 has become the best MR sim available. That may end up helping all of us.

I am going to put myself out there and risk making an ignorant fool of myself by commenting. Please note I am sharing an INITIAL observation viewpoint, which will very possibly change after I've been around a while and learned more.

There is a lot to 12oclockhigh's comment above... this much I am not ignorant about at all because I am one of the photographers that just jumped into this.

I think KE is responding to a lot of chatter on this forum seeking better MR support. I think they may be recognizing the explosive manner in which this market segment has started expanding. While it may be somewhat dissappointing to the existing FW and Heli RC crowd right now to see so much development resource (KE only has so much available in a development release cycle and must decide where to spend it), it does have the potential of benefitting the entire RC community in the long-run.

I have effectively ZERO RC experience (flew a $49 toy Heli a couple times a year ago). About 2 weeks ago, my wife excitedly showed me a video of a half-marathon race she wanted to run. It was produced using video from a MR platform. From the photographer/videographer standpoint I was IMEDIATELY absolutely captivated by this, and I went into research mode.

I am also a licensed private pilot, but having raised three kids and seen them through college, funding always had to go somewhere else, so my love of flying has always been back-burnered.

I started my research into MRs due to the aerial photo/video platform functionality and its applications, but as I got deeper into it, watching aerial video after video, I found that if I could just be the one inputting the control actions, and witnessing the flight changes responding to those inputs via FPV, I would be experiencing much of the same exhilaration of flight I got in the actual cockpit. When I'm honest with myself, I know this is the closest I'm probably going to get to flying again.

I have pulled the trigger on a major MR platform, and since I have no idea of how to fly via RC, I needed a simulator. I will log many hours on the sim before I ever spin up the quad (a Turbo Ace Matrix for those curious). I have a big need for quality MR simulation, and there are going to be ever increasing numbers of people like me in the near future as quads become tools acquired by a multitude of people/businesses outside the normal marketplace of RC hobbyists.

Having said all of this, I think this is exactly what KE is responding to. There is going to be a large influx of MR enthusiasts for some time to come as people who are not the typical RC hobbyist look for a training environment for a tool they have acquired.

This is what will help the overall RC community. It will see growth in the MR segment, but this growth will undoubtedly cross into other areas once non-hobbyist like myself get into the RC environment.

Welcome,

I don't blame you ... when the cost of the cameras exceed the cost of the aircraft, it makes you think twice about putting it into the air. The market segment you represent has a lot of money to spend and will save a lot of crashes by learning to fly on a simulator. The computers you already own for photo and video editing should do well for a host of this simulator. It is a win win situation. The RC community will benefit from more users and more software development.

I enjoy building and flying MR aircraft. I am flying a DJI franken-sex-copter at the moment. It is all about photography and getting those great shots.

Keep in mind... if you are flying above someones head, you are taking one hell of a lot of liberty with their life. If you are flying on property you do not have permission, you are wrong. If you are snooping on someone, you are wrong.

I think that you and your photography friends will be well served using Real Flight. I have been flying for 8 years now and all I ever wanted to do was put a camera on a RC helicopter. I stayed for the ride.

Back