Rf 7.5 model import from Blender

Cadmandu

Hi all
I am wondering about something I read that RF8 could more easily import models from Blender than rf 7.5 something about 7.5 needing a file import from some obsolete 3ds program. How do you guys import your blender models into RF simulator now and in what format? I would like to download a blender model from a swap folder and bring it into blender and modify it can that be done?
Thanks

How Many Polys Do You Have 2 Play With?

RealFlight 2007 3ds2kexbeta standalone Converter Allows 20000 Polys wih a Collision Mesh of 1500 Polys!...in3ds Export Format
The NewBlender2.79 RealFlight FBX Export AddOn by robertlong13 Lets you have MoreFound Here!
Note:One Blender Unit Now Equals One Metre! instead of OldSkool One Blender Unit = 1"inch.:)

Last edited:
That is way over my head but thanks. Does that mean I do not need 3ds and kemax exporter at all?
I did find and download 2012 3ds should I learn blender or 3ds for plane modeling?
Thanks for your help

Sounds good, I have 2012 3ds will that work? I'm not a student.
Will blender allow linking and naming parts.when you build the plane I assume all movable air surfaces are separate parts. Can wings 3d make an assembly or can blender do the assembly
I just bought rf8 yesterday. I used proe for a living and experimented with animation and making connections. Is this like that or different tools

Re:Rf7.5 model import From Blender

Does that mean I do not need 3ds and kemax exporter at all?
It Depends you have posted your ?'s in RF7 Designers Forums The Polys are the limiting factor for 3ds export from blender to RF7,Tho you asked about RF8?(Fbx Export).Perhaps ask Admin to Move Post?If you Mean RF8?.

should I learn blender or 3ds for plane modeling?
Couldn't tell you Which One! Steep Learning Curve for either!,but
they are the Only All In One Solutions.
Will wings 3D export into rf8 without converters?
No! A half way house @ best & still a learning curve!
Will blender allow linking and naming parts.when you build the plane I assume all movable air surfaces are separate parts.
Yes!

I just bought rf8 yesterday. I used proe for a living and experimented with animation and making connections. Is this like that or different tools
Yes!This means You not need 3ds and kemax exporter at all!
If You have just bought RF8.
Never Used ProE Not qualified 2 Say,perhaps Conceptually.:p
Anyhow Good Luck!:).

Sorry for being all over the place here. I just wanted to make a good decision on which Sim to buy and which 3d software to use. Thanks

Back