RF 7.50-9.5 Physics compatability

Free_Beer

Hey everyone, recently I've been hearing that the physics used in RF 9.0/9.5 are the same physics used in 7.5. Is there any truth to that? It would be nice if planes from 9.5 downloaded onto my 7.5 flew the same on either version but I just can't find any solid information/ evidence of this anywhere. One of the biggest selling points of previous upgrades was the improvement of the physics engine which is why this claim seems so confusing to me. The variants and edits for 9.5 fly horrible on 7.5 because of what I can only assume is different physics.

Thoughts?

Can you please give us two examples of EAs and AVs that fly badly in RF 7.5?

And if they fly badly in RF 7.5 what I understand is you think they would fly correctly in RF 9.5, is that right? Or is the problem you think they would fly badly in 7.5 and 9.5. What's downloaded from the swap pages contains physics created by the modeler so it's not an example of what KnifeEdge would do.

No specific EA/ AV, but pretty much any EA/ AV meant for a newer version of RF since I am still on 7.5. Yes, I assume that because they fly badly in 7.5 that they should fly better (or at least how the designer intended them to fly) on 9.5. But, if the physics were not updated between the 7.5 and 9.5 versions, all models created for 9.5 should fly the properly on 7.5 I would think. But that is what I cannot find any info on, whether or not RF's physics were updated between 7.5 through 9.5 because a lot of people are claiming that 7.5 through 9.5 use the same physics.

No specific EA/ AV, but pretty much any EA/ AV meant for a newer version of RF since I am still on 7.5. Yes, I assume that because they fly badly in 7.5 that they should fly better (or at least how the designer intended them to fly) on 9.5. But, if the physics were not updated between the 7.5 and 9.5 versions, all models created for 9.5 should fly the properly on 7.5 I would think. But that is what I cannot find any info on, whether or not RF's physics were updated between 7.5 through 9.5 because a lot of people are claiming that 7.5 through 9.5 use the same physics.
Okay thanks. I'm one of the modelers and until recently I had RF 6.5, 7.5, 8, 9, and 9.5 installed and all of the models I created flew the same on RF 7.5 up to RF 9.5 I didn't notice any difference, and that's why I ask for a specific model or two. I can't say the physics are the same for all those versions but my planes flew the same to me on all of them. Have you checked your Physics settings under the Simulation menu to see if it's set to Realistic?

Back