RF-8 or earlier? What to buy instead of RF-X problem with update?

P-aul

Hi!
I have had the RF-X for couple of years, but after last update it doesn't work well on PC which capacity is quite limited.

Now the question: Can I expect that RF-8 runs smoother on my computer or should I go back to some older RF? To which?
It is possible to fly with Interlink X controller on RF-8 but what is the situation with older RFs?

Thanks in advance.

What's your PC & Video card? I upgraded from 7.5 to RF-X when it was released. It was totally unflyable due to low frame rates. I returned it immediately and got 8 instead. It's been great. I haven't upgraded to RF9, but it's supposed to be better than 8 without requiring a supercomputer. If I were buying again, I'd go with 9, but I'm satisfied with 8. There's no reason to even think about anything earlier than 8.

Both Rf-8 and Rf-9 run well on older and Less powerful systems. I have Rf-8 ,9 and RF-X and use 8 and 9 all the time and X, I think I'll uninstall it and forget I ever purchased it. I was not impressed. Here's a screenie from my Rf-8 .

Attachments

• ScreenShot1586620176.jpg
    ScreenShot1586620176.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 14
1586630397143.png
Hi! I appreciate both of yours opinions. U-Bird that is very nice screenshot! This is my PC. I flew RF-X with all video etc details were down to minimum and as such flying was nice. I am interested to fly also heavier rc-models like twin or four engined ones. I have noticed that people do work on new planes like FW Condor and DC-4 ( or was it DC-7? ). Some are on the list of RF-8 and some in RF-9. Is it possible to load those from 8 to 9?

Until you become REAL familiar with Aircraft editing, I would not venture to explore aircraft older than RF-6. Yes RF-6 thru RF-8 can be loaded into RF-9, though some will require additional tweaking thru the aircraft editor. included here are screenies, same airfield, same plane, same computer, so you can see for yourself the difference.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1586619274.jpg
    ScreenShot1586619274.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot1586620176.jpg
    ScreenShot1586620176.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot1586643989.jpg
    ScreenShot1586643989.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot1586644041.jpg
    ScreenShot1586644041.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 6
View attachment 115898
Hi! I appreciate both of yours opinions. U-Bird that is very nice screenshot! This is my PC. I flew RF-X with all video etc details were down to minimum and as such flying was nice. I am interested to fly also heavier rc-models like twin or four engined ones. I have noticed that people do work on new planes like FW Condor and DC-4 ( or was it DC-7? ). Some are on the list of RF-8 and some in RF-9. Is it possible to load those from 8 to 9?
I think you're talking about my DC-4 and yes it's compatible with RF 7.5 through RF-X. All of my newer planes work on all those versions. They won't usually work on RF 6.5 because the triangle count of the 3D Model is higher than the limit allowed to import aircraft in RF 6.5. If you have a problem with one of my planes you can PM me and I'll take a look at it for you.

Ok, I think I'm going to buy RF-9 then. So it is just buy and fly I suppose. I have read some messages and conversations for example: "I am trying to run RF9 on Bootcamp" What might that be? To buy rights to fly kind of cloud-mode? Flying with a pal over internet? Real Flight 9 on Steam?

Bootcamp is an Apple thing - I'm a PC, not an Apple, but I think it allows Apple computers to dual boot Windows or the Apple OS. RF only runs under Windows. There isn't an Apple version.

Thanks fellows! I bought RF-9 from Steam. The Simulator Works nicely and operational similarities with RF-X helps in starting to get used to it.

Back