RF-8 Screen Shots

U-Bird

A few screen shots of one of my own air fields, can't do this in RF-X, and one of my own color schemes, have no interest in doing any for RF-X, until it becomes something worth using.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1509465814.jpg
    ScreenShot1509465814.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 115
  • ScreenShot1509465726.jpg
    ScreenShot1509465726.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 91
  • ScreenShot1509465289.jpg
    ScreenShot1509465289.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 92
Loaded all my airports into RF-8, my own custom air fields, no problems there. Loaded my friends DC-3 into RF-8, no problems there either. Everything cranked wide open.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1509556181.jpg
    ScreenShot1509556181.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 55
  • ScreenShot1509556518.jpg
    ScreenShot1509556518.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 56
  • ScreenShot1509556582.jpg
    ScreenShot1509556582.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 51
  • ScreenShot1509556871.jpg
    ScreenShot1509556871.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 45
After loading my airfields, loaded a few of the color schemes I made for Legoman's DC-3 to see how they look and if they looked any different. see for yourself.
Oh, by the way, the water scenes aren't possible in RF-X, the custom airfields aren't possible in RF-X, and did you know that there is a speed limit in RF-X??? The more you mess around with RF-X, the more you find you CAN"T DO!!
If your looking to upgrade from something to RF-7.5 and haven't been able to find it for sale, RF-8 is a sure thing.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1509558126.jpg
    ScreenShot1509558126.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 42
  • ScreenShot1509558228.jpg
    ScreenShot1509558228.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 41
  • ScreenShot1509558244.jpg
    ScreenShot1509558244.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 35
  • ScreenShot1509558367.jpg
    ScreenShot1509558367.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 35
Nice try 12 Oclock, everyone knows you bend over backwards to pimp and slobber for RF-X and Knife-edge, I remember reading in a post you made some time back that you don't post anything you don't get paid for, so who's paying you to do what your doing and how much???
A few more shots. I think that RF-8 should have been a Expansion pack upgrade or something similar, but I'm not out to grab someone's money anyway I can.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1509558453.jpg
    ScreenShot1509558453.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 28
  • ScreenShot1509558484.jpg
    ScreenShot1509558484.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 25
  • ScreenShot1509558510.jpg
    ScreenShot1509558510.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 24
  • ScreenShot1509558540.jpg
    ScreenShot1509558540.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 29
Nice try... I said that I disagree with not being able to sell content that I develop. I respect the people that give it away. What I do is none of your business. RF-X is not a bad program, no matter what the wolves and trolls have to say.

Nice try... I said that I disagree with not being able to sell content that I develop. I respect the people that give it away. What I do is none of your business. RF-X is not a bad program, no matter what the wolves and trolls have to say.

Do you actually own RF-X? I was under the impression that you don't.

I have RF-X, It works just fine for me. I have imported PLENTY of swap page aircraft. It's butter smooth for me but I also have a dedicated gaming PC. I use RF-X much more than 7.5 and 8 will be here Friday so I will switch it up between 8 and RF-X.

There is plenty of water in RF-X, and it looks a lot better than the water in 7.5. It's physics have been disabled but you can land an aircraft on it for pictures like that :) In my opinion the aircraft look much better in RF-X provided you have the hardware to render it. I don't use Photofields very much in Realflight, if at all. If I want those, I can go to other sims but I like to be able to switch view to the aircraft, since I do fly FPV in Real world RC It works better that way.

RF-X is by no means perfect, and has limitations but, for me it works. I have no use for custom fields, I rarely if ever use Multi-Player anymore. It could use some optimizations I believe at the Graphics Hardware level (video driver) which Knife Edge probably won't get since they don't have as much pull with the Hardware manufacturer like many Top Video game publishers. The reason most of those programs work is the Hardware vendors (nVidia, AMD) optimize the drivers to work with their software. Knife Edge does not have that kind of support. I have played some other games based on the same engine, Oil Rush is one, it also performs poorly compared to a similar game that is published by a better known developer. A lot more hardware is required to play it vs a better known competitor, which has a driver patched to run the program.

I also use other Simulators, Liftoff, AccuRC, neXt, Aerofly, and Phoenix. I use Prepar3D FSX, Flight Sim World, and X-Plane for the big stuff. I spread my Sim love all over and these are just the Flight sims, I have other modes of transportation sims too :D

Last edited:
Yes, I own a single copy of RF-X. Paid retail. Unlike others that complain and don’t even own RF-X.

I own several other simulators too.

Last edited:
Yes, I own a single copy of RF-X. Paid retail. Unlike others that complain and don’t even own RF-X.

I own several other simulators too.

Paid retail????....was there another way to obtain it. ???? The "others" you say ???, were smart enough to wait and see the general consensus of it (including myself), sure glad I didn`t jump on the bandwagon...;)

Paid retail????....was there another way to obtain it. ???? The "others" you say ???, were smart enough to wait and see the general consensus of it (including myself), sure glad I didn`t jump on the bandwagon...;)

You could not have been more wise to avoid this train wreck of a program (plus RF support) and I guarantee you that within a year there will be no RFX 2 but most likely there will be a RF9 and RF10 just to grab a few more bucks and still look EXACTLY like RF5 but who knows, maybe we can get a software update in the next year to fix RFX...YEAH RIGHT!

My problem with X is not the hardware requirements they seem realisitc. I'll admit the average PC gamer expects higher frames and more pixels for their graphics card dollar.

My problem is the same desert enviroment everywhere, the "glass" like terrain texure, bumpiness, and Coefficient of Friction, the dead grass everywhere even the snow capped mountains, the inabilty to remove broken aircraft from RF-X, and the missing fuctionality we all assumed as standard

You could not have been more wise to avoid this train wreck of a program (plus RF support) and I guarantee you that within a year there will be no RFX 2 but most likely there will be a RF9 and RF10 just to grab a few more bucks and still look EXACTLY like RF5 but who knows, maybe we can get a software update in the next year to fix RFX...YEAH RIGHT!
Well, Viper, all I can say is, ...wisdom comes with age and experience RFX could have been the cats meow for all knew. I`ve just learned to be patient, and wait things out for a little bit. For the most part, that way of thinking has served me well. I`m doing the same thing with RF8, It`s a wait and see, for me. My personnel opinion is that, that is the route that should have been taken to begin with. BUT, that`s just my opinion, nothing more, I`m not in their shoes. :p .Try not to be pessimistic, after all, RF8 has given modelers what they been asking for...for ages, more capacity to build their creations, that in itself, is a huge step in the right direction. RF9, RF10, bring it on, if that means making things better, I`m all for it. There`s always bumps in the road, in life and business, RFX was one of those bumps, they`ll smooth it out. ;)

Well, Viper, all I can say is, ...wisdom comes with age and experience RFX could have been the cats meow for all knew. I`ve just learned to be patient, and wait things out for a little bit. For the most part, that way of thinking has served me well. I`m doing the same thing with RF8, It`s a wait and see, for me. My personnel opinion is that, that is the route that should have been taken to begin with. BUT, that`s just my opinion, nothing more, I`m not in their shoes. :p .Try not to be pessimistic, after all, RF8 has given modelers what they been asking for...for ages, more capacity to build their creations, that in itself, is a huge step in the right direction. RF9, RF10, bring it on, if that means making things better, I`m all for it. There`s always bumps in the road, in life and business, RFX was one of those bumps, they`ll smooth it out. ;)

Like many on here, I have been buying every copy since G2 and they have all been just fine so with the past track record there really shouldn't be an issue or at least one would think.

A rotten apple is still a rotten apple and RF-X has been SPOILING the barrel. Just how much time has to pass before the barrel is trash.
To many people who claim to be gamers and gadget addicts, claim to speak for all of us, time for the rest to stand up and be counted. RF-X is a used butt wipe, time has passed to flush it or get off the pot and FIX it so the rest of us that bought it will have what was supposed to be the CATS MEOW of all flight sims.

A rotten apple is still a rotten apple and RF-X has been SPOILING the barrel. Just how much time has to pass before the barrel is trash.
To many people who claim to be gamers and gadget addicts, claim to speak for all of us, time for the rest to stand up and be counted. RF-X is a used butt wipe, time has passed to flush it or get off the pot and FIX it so the rest of us that bought it will have what was supposed to be the CATS MEOW of all flight sims.

Get ready everyone.... I COULDN'T AGREE MORE.

RFX is not complete and probably never will be. I don't see them spending any more time on this sim other than releasing one more update to appease the irritated and it will become the forgotten step child from that point forward.

Back