RF 9.5 bug - Liar's field aircraft below grade.

Thom H

Horizon Support has given up on this so I am asking if anyone else has experienced and hopefully solved this issue. I am running the latest up grade of Win 10 with plenty of RAM and storage. RF 9.5 works as expected except for the following scenario. Scenario = LIAR'S FIELD and any aircraft. For example here I am using Apprentice STS 1.5m. On all other airfields, no problem, on Liar's Field upon initialization and/or on aircraft reset (spacebar) the aircraft in not visible (literally below ground). Fly above 1ft and aircraft becomes visible and functions normally. If you land safely it remains visible. Press aircraft reset and it is below ground once again. I've attached a few screenshot to illustrate the issue. As RF 9.5 functions flawlessly in all other scenarios I do not believe it is hardware related. Any help solving this puzzle is appreciated.

Attachments

• RF Screenshots.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • Liar's Field Edited.pdf
    572.9 KB · Views: 6
I think that the latest Win 10 releases (Both 2004 and 20H2) still have some driver issues. Several of us can't even get them installed on some computers successfully. I blame MS not KE.

Thanks for your input. I doubt the drivers are bad given the x,y,z positioning aspect of the issue. Horizon suspected the same and I updated all the drivers, especially the Radeon video/graphics with no effect. If it were a driver then why would all the other airfields and aircraft be fine and not Liar's Field. The algorithms in the drivers should respond the same for a given input eg: "Reset Aircraft" = go to position x,y,z. As an Ex software quality assurance manager I smell a bug.

Select View -> Scenery and make sure Scenery Objects are enabled. (Really, we recommend enabling everything in that menu unless you're experiencing performance issues on a low-end machine.)

Due to the contour of the terrain at that particular airport as well as characteristics of the panoramic image it uses, the "ground" consists of a lot of invisible 3D objects. If Scenery Objects are disabled, the ground goes away and you'll sink below the visual terrain!

Brilliant Ryan! Thank you. Spot on. I wish I had started on the forum first. It would have saved a lot of angst. Thanks again.

Back