RF 9.5, Windows 11, Intel 7 12th gen, Real Flight Interlink Elite Controller by Futaba not working

LorenG

Went back to somewhat clunky very usable Real Flight Interlink Elite Controller by Futaba USB linked controller since I sold my
Spektrum 6 transmitter and dongle with a pair of Turbo Timbers 3-4 years ago.
Interlink Elite Controller worked fine all the way through to my last Windows 10/RF9.5 combination.
After installing the 9.5 on the new system I get what seems like the dreaded jet stalled on the runway.
No response from the simulator controls.
No response from mouse clicks on the tabs.
New PC has a fast Intel 7 12th gen and modest on board Intel UHD 770 Graphics, which looks so inviting on new 27inch UHD monitor
Can you help, short of a new Evolution/controller system?
Thank you for your time and knowledge

Check all of the threads about Intel video problems. That's really what's going on, not the controller. RealFlight 9.5 and older require DirectX 9, and Intel dropped support for DirectX 9 in their on-board graphics starting with the 12th Gen.

You could try to make 9.5 work with some suggestions posted here, you could add a separate video card to your system (nVidia or AMD), or you could upgrade to RealFlight Evolution which has been updated to use DirectX 11 and work with your computer as-is.

RF9.5 can be made to work using the DXVK fix (d3d9.dll) but it will be very limited in features, for instance, Planes and Drones fly good, but Helicopters will instantly crash the program when you select one and many of the tabs, such as, Physics or Graphics will freeze the program and will need to be restarted.
Under the "Simulation" tab on the main menu bar, selecting "Controller" does nothing, therefore Calibrate Controller cannot be selected within RF, you have to use the Windows program (joy.cpl) to calibrate.
Realflight Evolution is the best option.

Back