RF 9 planes

dtrain501

I purchased RF 9.5S. Can I get RF 9 planes?
I'm trying to get the Ultimate 3D but it says

This variant requires:​

Ultimate Biplane from RealFlight 9

How do I get the "Ultimate Biplane from RealFlight 9"?

this page from realflight.com says that the Ultimate Biplane comes with 9.5S:
It does but the AV version of the Ultimate 3D I downloaded and imported to RF is not working. I think it's because I have 9.5s, not 9.

If realflight.com isn't lying, and if you have the full version of RealFlight 9.5S, then you will see it listed in Select Aircraft in the Aircraft menu.

Last edited:
How many aircraft can you choose from? If it is less than 20 or so, then you don't have the full version of RF9 you have the Trainer edition. RF9 comes with the aircraft you are looking for as a stock aircraft.

If realflight.com isn't lying, then you will see it listed in Select Aircraft in the Aircraft menu.
Please read my original post. The Ultimate 3D is a different version of the Ultimate Biplane.

"I purchased RF 9.5S. Can I get RF 9 planes?
This variant requires:

How do I get the "Ultimate Biplane from RealFlight 9"?"

I am trying to get plane linked below but it's not working, I think because I have the RealFlight 9.5S version of the Ultimate Biplane. I have downloaded and flown 5 other planes but this is the only one that won't work

I understand what you're saying:

You have 9.5S and you want to use the Ultimate 3D that you linked above. I'm assuming that you did actually download the file from the link above. If that is true, then when you import it into 9.5s, then Ultimate 3D should be added to the Custom category of your list of aircraft, since 9.5S does have (should have) the same Ultimate Biplane as 9.0

@csgill75 , did I explain that correctly?

Last edited:
Please read my original post. The Ultimate 3D is a different version of the Ultimate Biplane.

This variant requires:

I am trying to get plane linked below but it's not working, I think because I have the RealFlight 9.5S version of the Ultimate Biplane. I have downloaded and flown 5 other planes but this is the only one that won't work

to be fair, perhaps you have found a shortcoming that nobody else has found. 🤔🤔

Is there a way to download the Ultimate Biplane from RealFlight 9?
you deserve an answer to your original question: no. there isn't a way to download it.

What we've been saying in this thread is that you don't (shouldn't) need to because it's already in 9.5S.

Last edited:

This variant requires:

Do you have the 9.5S full version ($69.99) or the Trainer Edition ($39.99)?

I understand what you're saying:

You have 9.5S and you want to use the Ultimate 3D that you linked above. I'm assuming that you did actually download the file from the link above. If that is true, then when you import it into 9.5s, then Ultimate 3D should be added to the Custom category of your list of aircraft, since 9.5S does have (should have) the same Ultimate Biplane as 9.0

@csgill75 , did I explain that correctly?
Yes that is correct. Attached is a screen shot showing that it's not working. The same plane in the screen shot is what is generated to fly with. Not the Ultimate 3D.

1661826849295.png

Yes that is correct. Attached is a screen shot showing that it's not working. The same plane in the screen shot is what is generated to fly with. Not the Ultimate 3D.
okay I know what's going on, I'm pretty sure. you are understandably expecting the airplane with the red color scheme from that link above to appear...
index.php

if that is your ultimate goal, go to the following link to download that color scheme that I found for you:

after you import it into RealFlight, you will be able to select that color scheme from the aircraft menu when you have any variant of the Ultimate Biplane open.

The reason this confusion is happening is because when the creator of the AV exports it, RealFlight generates a preview image using whatever color scheme is currently loaded for that aircraft. That preview image is what this forum uses.

And that is confusing for AV files, because an AV (aircraft variant) doesn't have any color scheme information. An AV is only a change to an aircraft's flight characteristics, not how it appears. 🤔😊

Back