RF Basic troubles

GLFaria

Hello everybody

This is my first post on this forum, please excuse me if it gets to be a longish one.

Two months ago I bought the RF Basic. Being a beginner, I have flown almost exclusively the Piper J-3 and the FlyZone SkyFly 2, in mode 2.

I recently started getting jerky, unpredictable reactions to aileron control. The plane will often go suddenly left of its own, and any corrections with the aileron control will most of the times get some weird reactions. Aileron action to the right is always jerky, and the plane will usually fight it. At times, when doing a turn to the right and letting go of the stick, the plane will start a sharp turn to the left. Most oddly, sometimes when I apply right aileron to compensate for an unexpected jerk to the left the plane will actually start by going left – it will only turn right if I give what would normally be an unreasonable amount of right aileron.

It has become very difficult to get a reasonable trim that holds. When finally more or less trimmed and steady, and hands off the controls, after a short time the plane will suddenly make a sudden quarter roll to the left (always to the left) and dive to the ground. Fine for keeping one’s reflexes sharp, but definitely not what I expect from a simulator...

The same jerky behavior will happen with the SkyFly, only in this case on the rudder control, as even in mode 2 it is done with the same stick as for ailerons on the other planes.

I found out that on the small controller image that may be displayed on the right bottom corner of the screen, which I had never used before, the action of the aileron control (or rudder control when flying the SkyFly) is totally erratic. No trouble at all from the other controls, except that when I work the elevator the stick on the screen display jerks noticeably sideways when it goes through center.

I suppose this must mean it is a controller problem, but before getting in touch with support I thought I might as well ask the forum. Did anyone have this kind of trouble before?

Incidentally, although one may apparently change modes on this simulator, and the displayed controller image seems to accept it, the actual controls stay in mode 2 when I switch to mode 1. At least that is what happens with my controller. Is that what may be expected from the RF Basic?

My computer:
Intel Celeron E3300 @2,5 GHz, 64 bit, 4 GB DDR3, 320 GB hard disk (about 230 GB still free)
NVIDIA GeForce GT320, 1024 MB (controller software updated 06-09-2010)
Adobe Flash Player 10
Windows performance rating: 5.9

Thank you

G.

GLFaria said:
I suppose this must mean it is a controller problem,
G.
Thats what I was thinking the whole time I was reading your post :confused:
have you made sure that the controller is calibrated ?

I'm not that familiar with Basic ..............is there a "Restore Defaults" option on the launcher ?
if so try that

Not that many replies so far, but thanks anyway :)

I got in touch with support and am going to have the problem solved through them. They are most helpful indeed.

G.

Hello

This post is just to let people know that, following this experience, I rate the RF Support service as absolutely tops.

Cheers
G.

Back