RF Evolution Errors on Loading

KRVS

Just installed RF Evolution. Getting the following errors on loading. Appreciate any solutions.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Error2.jpg
    Error2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 16
@KRVS, that is certainly unexpected. I have a couple questions for you to help try and figure out what's happening.
  1. Does the file in your second screenshot (RealFlightHelper64.exe) exist at the location described?
    1. Let me know if you need help looking. I don't know how experienced you are with a PC.
    2. Note that you should also see "RealFlightHelper_Admin64.exe", which is different. Both must be present in that directory. It would be easy to see the latter and think it was the former due to their similar names.
  2. What antivirus software do you have on your computer?

Question 1 Yes the file does exist
Question 2 Yes both files exist

I am using ESET virus software

I spent 30 years working and programming in the PC/Windows environment.

I know "access denied" can often be misleading and hide other kinds of issues with accessing the file, such as being blocked by AV software. Still, I'd check the file permissions and make sure there isn't some obvious problem there, especially if your normal user account is not a local admin.

I don't recall what error message comes up when RealFlight has problems accessing the Documents\RealFlight Evolution folder, but that's something else that's coming to mind for me since that PF86 folder isn't on drive C:. RealFlight has an arbitrary limitation on the path length for files (less than Windows' 256-character limit), so if the path to ...\Documents\RealFlight Evolution is excessively long, strange things happen. Such a situation would be when you're letting OneDrive "backup" your Documents folder, because that makes the path to Documents much longer because of the long folder names OneDrive uses to organize the local copy of files. Ideally the path to Documents is fairly short and not being redirected out to OneDrive.

Running out of room on C: so trying to install on D:

All files from the root down have Full Control except for the Authenticated Users.

Just for the fun of it I tried to execute the RealFlightHelper64.exe and got the following error: While it gives the same Access Denied error, I'm not much of a Steam user so can I Uninstall The RF Evolution and re-install without losing it?

Attachments

• Error3.jpg
    Error3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2
Found the section named "Verify". It found two files that were corrupt and it said that it would reload those files. After that RF Evolution ran. Thanks for the he;p.

Back