RF Evolution window shows up and disappears after a second or two...

arb6591

I did not touch anything as far as updating, renaming etc., etc.
When I am trying to open RF Evolution, main window shows up and disappears after a second or two

What do I do?

Hate to be Mr. Obvious - but as always, the first thing to do in these instances of computer weirdness - fully shut down your PC, wait a minute or so, and start it up again. See if the problem continues....

Steam will automatically update RF, sometimes without any outward signs, although there haven't been any in the very recent past. So perhaps something got "stuck", especially if you had a brief, flakey internet connection.

Hate to be Mr. Obvious - but as always, the first thing to do in these instances of computer weirdness - fully shut down your PC, wait a minute or so, and start it up again. See if the problem continues....

Steam will automatically update RF, sometimes without any outward signs, although there haven't been any in the very recent past. So perhaps something got "stuck", especially if you had a brief, flakey internet connection.
Well, this was the first thing I tried, rebooted the PC and restarted Steam few times..... no luck. ;)

Did you import a plane from the swap pages recently and close RealFlight with it selected? I've seen people have a problem with that. The swap page plane causes an error on start-up and crashes the program.

Did you import a plane from the swap pages recently and close RealFlight with it selected? I've seen people have a problem with that. The swap page plane causes an error on start-up and crashes the program.
Yes, I did because for me default RF planes are crap. :p
So what do I do now?
I do not want to delete the planes I have.
I used them many times and except some errors they worked.

If I'm not mistaken, you can delete (or better yet, rename) the RealFlight64.ini file in your My Documents directory to reset RF to its defaults. You won't lose any aircraft.

The file itself. If there is no file with that name, RF will create one when it loads, just like it does when you first install it. If it were me, I'd rename it to RealFlight64.bak. That way you can see what's different - assuming it works. And you might be able to figure out what broke it.

Yes rename RealFlight64.ini to RealFlight64.bak (make sure realflight is NOT running when you do that) and then start realflight to see if it starts. That will fix the problem if the default plane is causing the problem but that's an "if" so it's just something to try.

Yes rename RealFlight64.ini to RealFlight64.bak (make sure realflight is NOT running when you do that) and then start realflight to see if it starts. That will fix the problem if the default plane is causing the problem but that's an "if" so it's just something to try.
It worked. Thank you!

It worked. Thank you!
Good deal. So the last plane you loaded and shut down realflight with it loaded has a problem. If you don't remember the last vehicle you loaded look for CurrentVehicle in the BAK file you created.

Good deal. So the last plane you loaded and shut down realflight with it loaded has a problem. If you don't remember the last vehicle you loaded look for CurrentVehicle in the BAK file you created.
There is something else than maybe I simply missed...... connection with Interlink Controller. I realized that the little light was off and I pushed the usb cable end more in and light came back on.
But I already renamed the file.
So maybe all I had to do was to make sure that controller was plugged in properly..... I will never know but it is very likely.

There is something else than maybe I simply missed...... connection with Interlink Controller. I realized that the little light was off and I pushed the usb cable end more in and light came back on.
But I already renamed the file.
So maybe all I had to do was to make sure that controller was plugged in properly..... I will never know but it is very likely.
Yeah... maybe. Like you said you'll never know. Someone else may have some information about that one.

When the controller is not plugged in properly you will see an error message (See attached pic). and if you push the connector fully in and hit the "Retry" tab then RF Evolution will start up normally.
As Technoid suggests, it was probably the last aircraft you had loaded that caused the issue.

Controller unplugged.jpg

Hello, I just started having the same issue a few days after the new realflight update, realflight opens for a second and then closes. I did not import any new models but I did try what was suggested above and went to documents and added bak to the end of realflight64 with same result, I'm wondering if windows 11 updated had something to do with it any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back