RF G5 on a Mac

Labdoc

I installed RF G5 on a brand new iMAC computer running in Windows 7 64 bit under Parallels. When i first installed the sim everything seemd to work fine. Now when I start the sim the aircraft and some of the photo field elements are all white. Has anyone experienced this with windows or in windows running on an intel based Mac? Any known fixes?

i get that some times when i download a aircraft from the swappages you probably need more video memory

Hello All,

Please realize that RealFlight was not designed to work with any virtualization software like VMWare, parallels, etc. As such, you are basically in a "test environment" when using these products. KnifeEdge, Great Planes, etc makes no guantees as to the reliability, stability, and/or runability of the software in any of these environments. The fact that you can get RealFlight to run at any level is lucky. Please note that any features and/or updates may cause instabiliy and/or cause the program to crash/not run. While I am simpathetic to your issue, you may just need to find another solution to running RealFlight.

swanley007 said:
Hello All,

Please realize that RealFlight was not designed to work with any virtualization software like VMWare, parallels, etc. As such, you are basically in a "test environment" when using these products. KnifeEdge, Great Planes, etc makes no guantees as to the reliability, stability, and/or runability of the software in any of these environments. The fact that you can get RealFlight to run at any level is lucky. Please note that any features and/or updates may cause instabiliy and/or cause the program to crash/not run. While I am simpathetic to your issue, you may just need to find another solution to running RealFlight.

.....I think they should just make a Mac version. I do like my MacBook

I've reset the setting to default with the same results. I'll be trying to reinstall the program to see if that works. I noticed that even though my video card has 512 Mb of VRAM, Parallels preferences only has a max of 256 Mb. I'd rather give up the Real Flight software than ever go back to Windows! It's unfortunate that Knife Edge chooses to alienate those of us who choose to use this platform.

Labdoc said:
It's unfortunate that Knife Edge chooses to alienate those of us who choose to use this platform.
Yes, it is also unfortunate that it doesn't work on my iPhone or PS3. :rolleyes:

But then again, those platforms were not listed in the System Requirements. :(

phrank said:
Yes, it is also unfortunate that it doesn't work on my iPhone or PS3. :rolleyes:

But then again, those platforms were not listed in the System Requirements. :(

OHH I KNOW!!! WINDOWS MOBILE!!! lol :rolleyes:

taylor_simpson said:
ohh good idea only if there was a way to plug in the interface
I'm afraid Mr. Simpson is serious.

Maybe you could use your Mac logic again. "I think they should just make an iPhone version."

Oh, to be young again!! In some ways, I envy you, Taylor.

Last edited:
jeffpn said:
I'm afraid Mr. Simpson is serious.

Maybe you could use your Mac logic again. "I think they should just make an iPhone version."

Oh, to be young again!! In some ways, I envy you, Taylor.

hah well since the iphone OS is just a very modified and streamlined version of mac OS.X and i think windows mobile is done the same way...just a little less streamlined....soon we will have phones with 10 gigs of processing and projectors built in so something such as RealFlight or an modifiable open source application such as FlightGear can be ran on small devices
(yes i know im daydreaming a lil but dont we all?) :D

I have one of the first models of Macbook Pro Unibodies and run RealFlight G5 under bootcamp. I would advise you setup the same as this will give you a native windows installation on a partition on your HDD. Even though you are running it on Mac hardware the installation is still native so support will be able to help.

Right now I am having trouble with it crashing windows a few minutes into flight. I have had this same problem with some high end video games but it only started to happen with the Wright Flyer. A lot of the other planes work without issue.

Oddnoun said:
Even though you are running it on Mac hardware the installation is still native so support will be able to help.
I was surprised to find out that this statement is true!!

Back