RF/KE Heli tutorial: Are there sample projects available for download (see post)

Okay, the pictures I posted in #11 are the Heli example in Blender 3.6

Yes the Heli example imports perfectly for me into 3DSmax 2023 (looks exactly like the pictures in your post #12) I was just testing what file types (exports out of 3dsmax) that @spykez could use, obj file seems to be the best option. (pic attached) of obj import into Blender 3.6

Interesting to note you seemed to have got a better looking model in your viewport (blender 3.6?) than I did using Blender 4.1. One can see the rotor more clearly in yours.

Now I'll see if I can untangle that single mesh from the .obj I imported. I suppose I won't try too hard, I may just work from the documents.

Although I would love to see how the servos are linked up from the servo output shaft all the way through the rod linkages to the swash and then up into the flybar mechanism and finally to the rotor.

How they articulate and pivot etc... You know what, I might invoke an old name, not sure if he still frequents this @Johnny31297 Are you still here? <Grin>

I had messed with the sample heli a few years ago and I stil had it in wings so I have access to it. in the zip is the .blend and a .obj from wings. If the .blend causes problems because I use an ancient version of blender try the .obj. (it is my usuall transfer type)

Attachments

• sample heli 1.zip
    924.6 KB · Views: 3
Thanks so much.

I learnt something new today.

Here's what I got when I initially loaded up the the initial .blend that @legoman provided,

1713808438538.png

Why just that blob? With no detail. Why's it so ugly? After digging thought the file I think I found the answer. It was the "coll" meshes. Collision meshes?

1713808202772.png

I haven't checked if the hierarchies/parenting is correct but I think this has been so far the best usable file. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 1713808397771.png
    1713808397771.png
    574.5 KB · Views: 3
Back