RF new models

Only via upgrade, either through the free interim software updates for a given version (ie - going from 9 to 9.5), or buying a newer copy when they are part of a "whole number" version higher than yours (8 to 9.5s, etc.)

...and if the latest upgrade doesnt include the latest models as well...are we just SOL? personally id like to see HH Ultrix models included myself.

...and if the latest upgrade doesnt include the latest models as well...are we just SOL? personally id like to see HH Ultrix models included myself.
It sounds like you are really asking: "When Horizon introduces a new plane (kit, arf, etc.) can we get a model of it for Real Flight?" Which, to date, has never happened, except as part of an upgrade package....
"Never" means pretty much "when it was distributed by Great Planes and/or Knife Edge Software was independent".
When Horizon took over distribution after buying Great Planes, their aircraft only came as part of an upgrade.
Knife Edge has now been owned fully by Horizon for only a couple of months. So we'll just have to wait and see if that changes. It would be a nice co-marketing thing to drive sales- "buy the Whiz-Bang kit, and get a free download for Real Flight included" or "Download it for Real Flight, and get $10 off the kit".
But they have a lot of work before that, probably, to fix up really serious stuff, like the DX9 problem....

It sounds like you are really asking: "When Horizon introduces a new plane (kit, arf, etc.) can we get a model of it for Real Flight?" Which, to date, has never happened, except as part of an upgrade package....
"Never" means pretty much "when it was distributed by Great Planes and/or Knife Edge Software was independent".
When Horizon took over distribution after buying Great Planes, their aircraft only came as part of an upgrade.
Knife Edge has now been owned fully by Horizon for only a couple of months. So we'll just have to wait and see if that changes. It would be a nice co-marketing thing to drive sales- "buy the Whiz-Bang kit, and get a free download for Real Flight included" or "Download it for Real Flight, and get $10 off the kit".
But they have a lot of work before that, probably, to fix up really serious stuff, like the DX9 problem....
i bought realflight mainly to practice my skills with the models I have( 20 +) mostly eflite,parkzone etc .while ive found most models are represented ,not all are. i wasnt aware of the ownership changes made. just naturally assumed that as the owner of realflight...it was just another HH product. its no biggie...ive rediscovered many older models ivw owned previously and even a few from the swap pages ive never seen before . so its all good. thanks for your input/ reply.

For most of its life, Real Flight never had any Horizon models, since it was distributed by Great Planes - a direct competitor. It was only with the change over mid-version 8 (I think it was) could one buy an update that had some Horizon models. More added in 9 and 9.5. We may not see the Great Planes models scrubbed due to competition, but might due to no longer being produced by Horizon. It will be interesting to see what the future holds!

Back