RF Trainer Edition no longer detecting the radio's stick movement.

Spitfire76

It was working fine but now RF (trainer edition) is no longer detecting the stick input from my radio. I have a Taranis X9D with a FrSky wireless dongle - XSR-SIM. It shows up as a game controller in Windows 10 device manager and RF detects it as a active controller but when I create a profile it does not detect any of the stick movements. I have re-installed RF (using the Steam client) but the problem persists. I made sure that my radio and dongle still works by testing with another simulator running on my Mac and so its not a hardware issue.

Have you tried moving it to another USB port or hub ? Or if using a USB 3 port try plugging it in a USB 2 port. We've seen this cause issues before with the RF software and USB 3.

Have you tried moving it to another USB port or hub ? Or if using a USB 3 port try plugging it in a USB 2 port. We've seen this cause issues before with the RF software and USB 3.
I had tried different USB ports on my computer but it didn't help. The dongle is still in the same USB port as it was earlier but to my surprise its now working and I don't know why.

People before have also noted that "when" it is plugged in can have an effect on some systems. Like waiting until after the program is loaded. Glad it's back to working for now.

If it were me, I would create a brand new controller and start over from scratch. I would also search the entire web forum for other people having trouble with this radio. I think there are some solutions in the RF9 forum.

If it were me, I would create a brand new controller and start over from scratch. I would also search the entire web forum for other people having trouble with this radio. I think there are some solutions in the RF9 forum.
Actually I was making a new profile but when asked to move, for example, the aileron control it would no longer detect input. The strange thing is that it was working and simply stopped working. Its working fine now as it started to work as suddenly as it stopped.

You can also try checking via windows calibrator to ensure it is not a windows controller issue. Just type joy.cpl in your search box and this will bring up the calibrator tool. From there you can verify if the inputs are being detected for all stick movements.

You can also try checking via windows calibrator to ensure it is not a windows controller issue. Just type joy.cpl in your search box and this will bring up the calibrator tool. From there you can verify if the inputs are being detected for all stick movements.
I was looking for a tool like joy.cpl so thank you so much for this information!. As I've mentioned in previous posts its now working but did run the tool to see what to expect and will use it to troubleshoot if I run into this issue again.

Back