RF5.5 Server Down

sedunster

Has anyone else had problems with G5.5 the last two nights? Below is a copy of the letter I just sent to tech support.

Dear Tech Support,

The server has been down for 5.5 for the better part of the last two nights. Is this a problem that is being addressed, or do we need to put a bug in your ears? When trying to access the list server, the “RealFlight is being blocked by a firewall… etc” error message appears and no connection is available. After repeated attempts to log on tonight, I finally saw two sessions being hosted and was able to enter one. I was dropped after 10 minutes and again had repeated connection issues.

On a side note, last spring we had test sessions with Chris McVey of Knife Edge to assist in data collection for trouble shooting connection issues in the Streamer Cut Sessions. After about five sessions, Chris McVey said he had all the data he needed and was going to proceed with testing. Nothing every happened to update G5.5, and RF6 was released in the fall. No one in the core streamer cut group will up-grade to RF6 because there is no certainty that the problems are fixed. We all keep using G5.5, putting up with the problems, so do we not lose contact with others in the group. Upgrading internet service has helped lessen the issues, but they are still there. People with slower DSL connections have the most trouble.

IS ANYTHING EVER GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT THE KNOWN PROBLEMS WITH G5.5, OR WAS KNIFE EDGE JUST STICKING A PACIFIER IN THE BABY’S MOUTH?

After spending over $1,600 on your products (G2, G3, G4 - two copies, G5 - two copies, all 5 add-ons, 7 expansion packs and RF6 full version), I am sorely disappointed with the lack of support experienced first hand in the past. I no longer recommend Real Flight as whole-heartedly as I have in the past.

Sincerely,

Steve Dunster, aka Loser

Realflight is junk afterall???

Yah, This is complete sh*t! I have tried getting help and the only answer i got from anyone was:
Call Tech Support. The Exist to Help You.

IM NOT HAPPY AT ALL:mad:

BTW! If this keeps up,
YOU WILL LOOSE A CUSTOMER FOREVER!!!

Last edited:
Historically, KE has never released an update to an older version of KE. Those of us who have RF6 couldn't be happier, right guys?

There is a 99.9999% Chance that there will be no further updates to G5.5 since it is now a older product. Same goes for G4.5, and when RF7 comes out, people with 6 will no longer receive updates. That Test session to troubleshoot connection issues was probably done to ensure that RF6 doesn't have the same issues, which from my experience RF6 is a lot more stable in regards to Multiplayer.

That being said, the List servers usually are still maintained however at times they do tend to go down from time to time and on weekends nobody is there to reset them. I have seen it on all versions of RealFlight where we just cannot connect to anyone.

The nice thing is you can have RF6 and G5.5 installed together on the same computer, and you have the opportunity to switch between the two programs if one multiplayer list server isn't working, then try the other program. The $49.99 Upgrade is all you need and it doesn't copy over your G5.5 install in any way, it just installs as a separate program so both of them still work for you. I myself have 4.5, 5.5 and 6 on here and I can ALWAYS find a Multiplayer session someplace :D

Yah, This is complete sh*t! I have tried getting help and the only answer i got from anyone was:
Call Tech Support. The Exist to Help You.

You're mad because someone gave you the CORRECT answer to your query?

IM NOT HAPPY AT ALL:mad:

BTW! If this keeps up,

YOU WILL LOOSE A CUSTOMER FOREVER!!!

I'm so SURE that will elicit a response here from people... eh no....

But since everyone here is just another "user" like you, there is not much anyone here can do for you.

So do as you were advised.

I purchased RF6 the day it was released, but the group I like to fly with all still have G5. The streamer cut has not caught on in RF6 like it did in 5. With the server down on Sunday and Monday nights, I was frustrated and wanted to vent a bit. The group of five that were involved with the testing went out of our way for no results. It's just frustrating...
Steve

Yup, but it happens.

I believe they are down to only one or two servers for RF5.5 and before.

Normally once people start posting "server down" messages and/or PM the moderators, something is done fairly quickly.

I purchased RF6 the day it was released, but the group I like to fly with all still have G5. The streamer cut has not caught on in RF6 like it did in 5. With the server down on Sunday and Monday nights, I was frustrated and wanted to vent a bit. The group of five that were involved with the testing went out of our way for no results. It's just frustrating...
Steve

Streamer Cut in RF6 hasn't caught on because the people that do it are still in G5.5 :D. Get your friends to upgrade to RF6 and host streamer cut sessions and I bet it will catch on and at least you all will be able to receive the current updates (till 7 is released). If anything you have RF6 as a primary Program to use and G5.5 as a backup simulator for Multiplayer. As far as the group involved in testing, i am sure the results of that testing and improvements were indeed used in creating a more stable RF6 because like I said, once a new version comes out, you can forget about getting any other updates as it is no longer the current product for sale.

Back