RF6 bugs

shoeler said:
Didn't think it came out so harsh. How do I watch these videos you folks are posting?

It looks like KE is already on it.

How about that eh? Not bad!

That's one reason we like them so much; they DO listen when things are put forward in a logical and reproduceable manner.

Sorry that you got caught in the after Xmas kiddie party... we see a lot of non-sensical posts every year about this time.... many by novices claiming something is a "bug" when the sim is emulating things perfectly...

If you want a chuckle, search for "heli drifting left" sometime and you'll see what I mean.

Too be honest, I assumed he was a kid because he said he's been using RF since he was a kid. How long has RF been around? Ten years?

jeffpn said:
Too be honest, I assumed he was a kid because he said he's been using RF since he was a kid. How long has RF been around? Ten years?

Sounds about right, I was about 19 when I learned got realflight and my first trainer. A lot has happend since then! 29 now, wife and 3 kids, school, etc. Lots of good planes and helis too!

phrank said:
This one has been bugging me for a while, finally got around to making a vid of it.
Notice the motor appears to almost cut out when throttle stick is returned to neutral after a hard collective input.

(Rename .RFX to .wmv to view)

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. Please hang on for a fix.

Thanks,
Chris McVey

alexvan said:
In attach. It's 58 seconds from start of recording. You can see a tail blow out followed by the inversion of aileron. I enclosed also the variant of X5 used. I only modified the DR and Expo.

Many thanks.

Alessandro

Alessandro,

I have looked at your recordings and imported your modded heli into RF6. I cannot reproduce the issue you are seeing and it's not clear in the video of the inversion you speak of.

I can do funnels until the tail blows out while loaded up hard, then go into a right barrel roll with no problems for direction with the aileron.

Can you make a better video showing the issue? Do a roll right after the tail blows out and show me the issue in the video. I can watch your stick inputs to tell if it's rolling the correct way.

Thanks,
Chris McVey

I haven't worked on the tail yet but the throttle drop problem can be fixed by dropping the governor gain. I know, who would have thought. I found 9 to12 worked good for me. This just might help with the tail blow outs. It kinda seems odd to be working in this range on a governor with a range between 1-400 and a default of 100 but it is what it is and it's working for me.

Last edited:
The x5 seems to work OK at 2. It's not possible that these governors are working in reverse is it? It would be interesting to get some input from an X5 owner to see how this thing compares to the real deal. This thing is quick!

Last edited:
I kind of wonder what changed since these helis were set up that is causing this problem. Since the hobby shop systems are no doubt showing this problem, I would think this would be top priority to resolve.

I think you're on to something here, good job.

Tweaking the governor definitely has an effect on the apparent drop of power after hard collective input and rapidly bringing it back to neutral.
On the X2 it seems to affect the throttle range making the heli less powerful, maybe that is the correct behavior for the real-life model. :confused:
I guess an owner can only confirm that.

Thanks Phrank. I was able to reproduce the problem on the stock models every time with a long full negative rainbow. After you stop at the end of the rainbow the drop in throttle is severe. Increasing the gain to the max of 400 only makes it worse. Decreasing it to somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 on everything I tried except the X5 fixed the problem. The Avant that I was flying pre mega pack does not show the problem because it is already at 10.

If the real X5 flies like the RF version with a governor gain of 2. I want one bad!

Chris McVey said:
Alessandro,

I have looked at your recordings and imported your modded heli into RF6. I cannot reproduce the issue you are seeing and it's not clear in the video of the inversion you speak of.

I can do funnels until the tail blows out while loaded up hard, then go into a right barrel roll with no problems for direction with the aileron.

Can you make a better video showing the issue? Do a roll right after the tail blows out and show me the issue in the video. I can watch your stick inputs to tell if it's rolling the correct way.

Thanks,
Chris McVey

Hi Chris, I tried to capture the issue of aileron inversion but I haven't been able. In the recorded session the movement of the stick is always correct. But I'm reasonably sure that it happen. I don't think that the issue is related to my Interlink because it works fine in all the flying conditions and this issue is related to the tail blow-out.

I tried reducing the X5 governor gain and the tail blow-out appeared more often.

I noticed other strange behaviors:
- during a forward loop if I change the orientation in the lower point from front to back the rudder doesn't respond correctly (in a direction it doesn't work and in the other it works too much)
- during a backward loop in the lower point most of time the heli capsize as soon as I give front elevator in order to do an other loop.

Regards.

Alessandro

Back