Rf6 == Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

prototype3a

Let me start of by saying that I REALLY wanted to like RF 6.

Today I spent an hour at my local hobby shop flying RF6 using my TX and I have to say it is just awful. Who green lighted this garbage. Helicopters feel very fake. The disc loading is all wrong. It feels like you're flying on the moon because models take forever to fall. What's this bogging at full throws nonsense? NONE of my helis do that.

IMO, add the FBL code to G3.5 and re-release it as G7. The only thing that G6 discs are good for is a 4 second light show in your microwave.

Last edited:
prototype3a said:
Let me start of by saying that I REALLY wanted to like RF 6.

Today I spent an hour at my local hobby shop flying RF6 using my TX and I have to say it is just awful. Who green lighted this garbage. Helicopters feel very fake. The disc loading is all wrong. It feels like you're flying on the moon because models take forever to fall. What's this bogging at full throws nonsense? NONE of my helis do that.

IMO, add the FBL code to G3.5 and re-release it as G7. The only thing that G6 discs are good for is a 4 second light show in your microwave.
Wow another expert! Could you all excuse me for a few minutes while I go nuke my disc. :rolleyes: :D

td9cowboy said:
Wow another expert!

You have said that you aren't the best heli pilot, so why do you continue to doubt the opinion of someone more experienced?

Last edited:
Mikeymike21 said:
You have said that you aren't the best heli pilot, so why do you continue to doubt the opinion of someone more experienced?
Dude, I don't know this guy from Adam, Do you?

Are you the resume police around here or something? I see that I joined these forums almost a full year before you did which would imply that I've been flying longer than you.

You're only defending RF6 because you got it for free. So, in effect, you're paid to like it.

Anyone who likes RF6 clearly does not fly in real life. It is THAT fake feeling.

Why would anyone think that the RF forum join date equates to starting to fly RC airplanes? What a moron!

I like RF6 too and I fly both helis and planes in real life. There are a few things to be ironed out and I believe they will get these issues resolved.

So, because I got RF6 for free like phrank, I gues that makes me a shill too, right? No, a hack actually in the true definition. I do work for other simulators as well, but I actually get paid for that work--quite a bit more than the upgrade cost of RF6. I will work for anyone if they pay me--so this does indeed make me a hack.

It isn't as horrible as you describe it. I like the new feel to the helis in this version. Sure there are some tweaks they are working on to make things even better. Should KE try to not make the sim better and give up?

In the end, I still really enjoy RF6 and I feel it is worth the purchase. I don't love the other sims any less nor will I say Realflight is my most favorite sim due to a conflict of interest from my work on other sims.

Come on guy's. This is so reminiscent of RF haters that come out at every new release. What was that guy's name, dbisco? Etc, etc, etc.

Obviously he knows nothing about anything....................

And why the hell are you using your own transmitter at a hobby shop?

Never seen that option at the local hobby shop? ;)

Last edited:
I used my own TX because their RF box was beat all to hell. Also, I am extremely familiar with the feel and response of the gimbals on my TX. I sim at home with it and fly at the field with it. I don't need an "option". I brought my trainer cord and plugged in. I'm not going to let some shop owner discourage me from properly test flying the sim. Why do you think they have demo units for people to try?

I know several pro pilots and they all agree that RF G3.5 has the best heli physics of any sim to date.

New isn't alway better. I'm all for progress but this product has done nothing but go down hill over the years. To me it feels like Phoenix and Phoenix is FAKE. Have any of you ever flown the TDR on Phoenix? This model exposes many of the shortcuts that they took in their sim engine.

For me, a sim should be as accurate to real life as possible. RF6 feels more like a video game than a professional R/C simulator.

If Knife Edge ever gets it right, I'll buy again. Until that day, I will continue to use G3.5.

Last edited:
Yeah, Norton, I was also thinking of Nabisco, Law, and johndou. No matter who this kid is, this isn't his only identity. He's causing the conversation that he was hoping to cause.

mwilson914 said:
So, because I got RF6 for free like phrank
I did??? :eek: Someone owes me a refund! :D

OK, back on topic. I will say I like 6, I wanted to love it, but ehhh, not much more I can say that I haven't already. ;)

I have seen the weightless falls our friend describes on occasion so that much I can confirm.
Fake? I wouldn't say that, there is a weird feel that I just can't put my finger on.
Will know more when I plug in some realworld numbers.

But it's definitely not garbage, I will not be doing any lightshows with my discs. :p

I love how none of the regular users here said anything about the product but instead made personal attacks on me and my character.

prototype3a said:
I love how none of the regular users here said anything about the product but instead made personal attacks on me and my character.
OH! Don't worry. All the regular users said something about the product. Who are you to say they didn't? Have you searched for threads? Obviously not.

Phrank, Jeffpn, Norton, MikeyMike21,Willsonman, Mwilson914, Td9cowboy, Boof69, Mg.Numbscully, and other users who I can't name off the top of my head are kind
enough to deal with us newbs, and deserve respect.

I know you, or someone, is going to say something about join dates, but to me, they don't matter.

Last edited:
newbs? Don't mistake my lack of posts on this forum for being new to R/C or Real Flight.

I've sent a link to this thread directly to KE. Maybe they will actually address the issues with RF6 but based on the replies here, I doubt they will. It's pretty clear by the posts in this thread that those vocal here want an easy, unrealistic game.

Anyway, I'm done here. I'm heading back to HeliFreak where people actually fly.

Stop by any time. Thanks for the light show! Boy... I bet the wife is going to be PO'd in the morning when she finds that mess. :D

prototype3a said:
newbs? Don't mistake my lack of posts on this forum for being new to R/C or Real Flight.

I've sent a link to this thread directly to KE. Maybe they will actually address the issues with RF6 but based on the replies here, I doubt they will. It's pretty clear by the posts in this thread that those vocal here want an easy, unrealistic game.

Anyway, I'm done here. I'm heading back to HeliFreak where people actually fly.

You do that. Good by! Come back when you actually understand Aeronautics.

Well, dont let the heli physics smack you on the way out. I think if you would take a minute to realize how childish you have just made yourself out to be for all eternity on the internet you may actually come to your senses. I mean... even Bush got re-elected! Oh wait... no politics here... strike that one. So, I too work for another sim and yet... Oh wait I still use this one. Hang on.. No, I love this one. Nobody paid me for this:
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=24818
or this:
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=27744
and more like that:
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=27697
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=27627

ooo... and wait for it...:
https://forums.realflight.com/downloads.php?do=viewmemberfiles&userid=36706

No really... It is possible to like to do something. Anyone else care to nail this coffin properly... how about a closed thread please? This has nothing to do with the product. It promotes no good. Lets please be done with another round of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back