RF7 swap files

Tacoma-Taz

I downloaded a bunch of planes, airports, variants with my old computer which ran xp. I put those files on a thumb drive. I now have a new computer running windows 7 and tried to import those files to RF7. They imported ok but when I try to use them the sim locks up. Something is not clicking in my brain and I can not figure out why I can't use them. HELP !!!

While they may or may not perform as originally intended, G3 files should be importable in RF7. They definitely should not make it stop working.

Please post a link to the file on the swap pages that caused this for you. We'd like to check it out.

Ryan, I uploaded a RF7 photofield (Edgewood Field) to swap page. When a friend downloaded and installed, and runs the field it opens with just the blue sky. He is running RF7. BTW is RF7 field usable by prior versions of RF?

Did you include the panoramic image in the airport export? It has to be included.

Typically, objects, airports and aircraft created in the newer version are not available for use in older versions.

piperpilot0DA, did you get this figured out? I imported that _PI and it worked fine for me. The upload date is listed as "yesterday", which is more recent that your post above. I'm wondering if 12oclockhigh was right and you originally uploaded only an _AP, and that you've since remedied the problem with a new upload.

As for backward compatibility, content from more recent versions of RealFlight may or may not work in older versions of the sim. It really depends on the specific item in question. I will say that it is not designed to work that way, so it shouldn't be expected to work, though you may luck out.

Ryan, I did get the problem worked out. 12 o'clock was right. The IP file has to be uploaded. My airport does work in RF 6.5 too.

Back