RF8 Add on Install issue

RJaggers

I have the latest version of RF8 and bought the HH addon, getting the attached error.
I assume I must install in same folder as the current RF8.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 25
RJaggers, as noted in my post here, it turns out Tower Hobbies has made a mistake and is sending people a link to the wrong file when they attempt to purchase the Horizon Hobby Edition Add-On. Based on your screenshots, I'm pretty confident that's what has happened to you.

We obviously hope they will correct it soon! Unfortunately it is out of our control.

In the meantime, I suggest you do two things:
  1. Delete the file you downloaded. It is not the HHE Add-On and is not going to do you any good. In fact, if anything it will cause problems.
  2. Contact Tower about the issue. They need to fix the problem ASAP, even if that means halting sales for a while, and hopefully they will send you a correct link as soon as it is resolved!

i have contacted tower hobbies myself and they keep sending the same link.

Hopefully if enough people report the problem it will help drive home the message. To be clear, we are doing what we can from our end, but we do not have direct control over it.

So I assume Knife Edge does not have the software available for DL? Tower sent the serial number.

Correct. Did they send one serial, with -HH- in the middle? (It probably goes without saying, but please do not post your serial number here. :))

Thanks for the info. Do hang on to that serial number. It is correct and you will need it once the download link is fixed.

As noted in the other thread, I have the -HH- registration as well and the incorrect link. I'll be pestering Tower in the morning. Hoping we can get a correct link soon (although I'm not sure that the download is ready per the other comments).

I got a link that functions but all it does is reinstall the original RF8!! Same old serial number and no hint of HH additions/updates.

Yes, the link they sent me matches the same download link I had when I ordered the RF8 software download. So maybe I have a more recent version that I could install if installing from scratch, but no HH yet.

installed mine yesterday. no problems except i did have to change some settings that Jeremy recommended as far as VR goes.

seems like a lot of money for just a handful of planes, but I bought it anyway.

Ya, think I'll breakdown and buy the Tower download upgrade as well. Someone need to help support KE, lol!

Back