RF9.5 keeps freezing on launch

Maxamus_Prime

Hello, Decided to play the sim again after a while and it keeps freezing on launch. I guess the last map loaded was the RealFlight Ranch, and it keeps freezing on "ranch drive". I tried reinstalling the game and validating files but nothing has worked. I have a 3080ti and 32gb ram and a good i9 so my system well exceeds the requirments. If anyone has any ideas it would really help.

Attachments

• RFnot loading.png
    RFnot loading.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
I'm not sure what's happening there.

You say it's been a while since the last time you ran RealFlight. Has anything changed on your system during that time? That includes graphics or other hardware changes, driver updates, your OS, etc.

What controller type are you using, and has that changed?

You should provide your system info:
  1. Right-click your Windows Start button and select Run.
  2. Enter "dxdiag" and click OK. That will launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, which is a helpful way to gather useful info.
  3. Once that has finished loading, click Save All Information...
  4. Choose a convenient location on your disk and click Save.
  5. Add the saved DxDiag.txt as an attachment to your post.
You might try temporarily renaming your .ini and seeing if that helps. It is located on your disk here: <Documents>\RealFlight 9\RealFlight.ini (where <Documents> is probably C:\Users\<Your Windows Username>\Documents).

I'm not sure what's happening there.

You say it's been a while since the last time you ran RealFlight. Has anything changed on your system during that time? That includes graphics or other hardware changes, driver updates, your OS, etc.

You should provide your system info:
  2. Enter "dxdiag" and click OK. That will launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, which is a helpful way to gather useful info.
You might try temporarily renaming your .ini and seeing if that helps. It is located on your disk here: <Documents>\RealFlight 9\RealFlight.ini (where <Documents> is probably C:\Users\<Your Windows Username>\Documents).
Ok Ive done this and here are the specs

Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: 0811 (type: UEFI)
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16220MB RAM
Page File: 9414MB used, 30357MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, no HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.4.7
DxDiag Version: 10.00.22621.0001 64bit Unicode

I'm afraid you only provided some of the information I requested. To reiterate:

Please answer the above.

Please answer the above.

Please pay attention to step #5.

I suggest you try this and see if it helps.

I had the same problem when I installed RF 9 on a new system. I swapped the .ini file with one from a backup of the old system and that worked.
I then compared the two .ini files and changed settings one by one to see what would recreate the problem. Eventually changing ManualCalibration=BOOL:Yes to No did the trick.
So if you have this setting set to No, try changing it to Yes. If you don't have this setting, add it to the [Control|HIDController|...] section.

Hope this helps.

How new is the system? RF is based on DirectX 9, and Intel has dropped support for it in their video drivers for the 12th Gen and later integrated video. If you have a dedicated graphics card (AMD or nVidia) then you should still be OK and maybe a driver update can fix the problem.

Only RF Evolution is getting reworked for DirectX 11.

Guess I'll be looking for a dedicated graphics card, then: I've got a 12th Gen Intel..
It might be cheaper to buy Evo unless you can get a GPU for under 100 bucks. Evo with the DX11 beta that is in open beta and is a simple selection in steam fixes the problems that everyone has with Intel GPU's and drivers not working. It would fix your problems too.

Looking at the prices of graphics cards o_O you would definitely be right. However, I've also had MS Flight Simulator on my wish list for quite a while, so this might be a good moment to go for it :)
B.t.w., For some unknown reason sub menu items have started working again as well... :unsure:

Back