RF9.5s for "indoor training"

janjoh

Hello!

I suppose this is a "pre-purchase" sort of question. I used to run RF7, but my controller interface gave up a few years back and I guess it might be time to upgrade-

But, RF doesn't really have any "indoor" sites. No biggie, "zero wind" is pretty much the same thing (barring ventilation :) )

However, if one of my gripes is getting to terms with my indoor models and learning to cope with confined spaces, how would I best go about that in RF? Or, is this simply the wrong software for such an endeavour?

Thank you.

Hello!

I suppose this is a "pre-purchase" sort of question. I used to run RF7, but my controller interface gave up a few years back and I guess it might be time to upgrade-

But, RF doesn't really have any "indoor" sites. No biggie, "zero wind" is pretty much the same thing (barring ventilation :) )

However, if one of my gripes is getting to terms with my indoor models and learning to cope with confined spaces, how would I best go about that in RF? Or, is this simply the wrong software for such an endeavour?

Thank you.
You will need to find Expansion Packs 1 & 2 for some indoor flying sites, there may be more but I don't remember of the top of my head.ScreenShot1640632034.jpgScreenShot1640632061.jpgScreenShot1640632079.jpg

Thanks!

Uhm, hangon... I thought the "Addons" were not compatible with 9.5S? ( https://www.realflight.com/support/kb/article.php?q=16-1033 )

And the expansions aren't really available anymore..At least I have not found any from EU-sellers on eBay etc.

But, the 9.5s watermark on your screenshots seem to tell a different tale.

So, care to clue me in on what would and would not work with 9.5s?
Well you are correct, the Add-ons work just fine in 9.5S and to my knowledge are still available to download.
As far as expansion packs, ebay would be your best bet, In the last year I was able to get the last three I needed new in package. I have all 5 Add-ons and all 8 Expansion Packs and I can 100% say they all work fine.

Make sure you put the Add-on files in the correct data folder.
I did a default install of the Steam version, this is the file path on my system.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RealFlight 9\Data

Depends what you mean by your OP 'confined spaces'.

I interpret this as small space, making you really work those sticks and give you serious challenge. Thus making you fly better. I did this in real life and believe me, it works so well i swear by it.

OK, the indoor sites above are not small enough to 'make you turn' etc. My suggestion therefore is forget what flying site you have, but make the far edge or even near edge of the runway your 'wall'.

I.E. make a fictional tight space.

I am new here, so don't know how to do it yet, but will have a go at making a very tight indoor flying site.

YES buy 9.5, i put it off for 20+ years, really wish i hadn't, has been a lot of fun and helped me improve some manoeuvres i had given up on in real life.

He clearly is looking for indoor sites to practice small indoor park fliers. A gym is very much a confined space
when flying.
His exact words are as follows.
"But, RF doesn't really have any "indoor" sites."
"getting to terms with my indoor models"
"to cope with confined spaces"

Dude, DUDE, learn to READ, i explain, CLEARLY, depends what confined means to each person.

Depends on your skill level, what you wan't to do, in your case, reading level!

A different approach to your OP,, 'learning to cope with confined spaces' (which many are so big hardly push most Pilots in terms of confinement),,, is instead of making the flying space smaller,,, make the model you are flying bigger.

Currently there are no giant Depron planes suitable for indoor like in real life. Might be my first plane to design here as i sure would like to experience flying such a huge model indoors.

The only 'gas' is from your obvious inferiority complex. You belong on RCGroups with the other Trolls, Loser's and Circle Flyer's. When you learn how to fly in a tight space with a huge plane, come back and change your posts about gas and stop writing constant bullship!

Mods, high time you suspended this Moron.

I think you misinterpreted what he said. He was talking about using helium instead of aerodynamic lift to stay up. He wasn't talking about gas or glow fuel vs electric for thrust.

Using a gas to generate lift is not flying, it's called floating. YAWN.:sleep:

i know the person who made these large indoor planes there certainly is no helium here are pictures of his builds pic 1 being the extra in the video
1640893846407.png1640893897537.png

Hello!

Thank you.
ive made a few indoor rf planes i love the toluca airport as said above

Back