RF9 Channel 10 - Ail. Rate and Channl 11- Rudd. Rate Problem

Kamlina

Channel 10-Ail. Rate and Channel 11-Rudd. rate
Under what circumstances are these two channels activated ?
Ail. Rate and Rudf.Rate what does it mean ?
I can't find instructions on this...

Last edited:
Channel 10-Ail. Rate and Channel 11-Rudd. rate
Under what circumstances are these two channels activated ?
Ail. Rate and Rudf.Rate what does it mean ?
I can't find instructions on this...

If I understand you correctly, "Dual Rates" is what you want to know about.

Most vehicles in RF are set up to use "Dual Rates" on Channel 5, which is a way for the pilot (you) to select how they want the sticks to move the control surfaces. "Low rates" gives more precise control. "High rates" gives more movement to the surfaces to increase their effect. Less precise, but more maneuverable. For these planes, the one toggle switch on channel 5 will enable either low rates for the ailerons, elevators, and rudder, or high rates for the ailerons, elevators, and rudder.

There are certain airplanes that have "(InterLink DX)" at the end of their name. For those planes, pilots that are using the InterLink DX controller can switch each type of control surface to low or high rates. In your example, the toggle switch assigned to channel 10 will switch the ailerons only between low and high rates. The toggle assigned to channel 11 switches only the rudder control between low and high rates. There should also be a third channel listed that only applies to the elevators.

I usually switch all controls at the same time since I have never needed to use high rates for only one or two of pitch, yaw, and roll. The only situation that I MIGHT want to use different control rates for each axis is if I wanted precise roll and yaw, but wanted to be able to pull pitch more strongly to turn or loop in a smaller space. If you haven't thought of a need to use different rates for each axis, it's just easier to use the version of the plane that doesn't have "(InterLink DX)" at the end of its name.

If you want to edit either version of the plane, just look through the Radio tab of the editor for the Low Rates and High Rates settings for each channel and you will see which "Input Channel" is controlling the rates for each "Output Channel." Input Channels are those that come from the InterLink DX Controller, game pad, joystick, or receiver dongle hardware. Output Channels are what the Software Radio settings for that plane will pass on to the electronics. Basically, by the time the control signal becomes an Output Channel in RF, you can think of it as being the same as a receiver channel in an actual RC plane.

Hope that helped answer your question.

Back