rfx for Carbon Z Cub 2.1?

Ray10

Could someone kindly do an rfx for the Carbon Z Cub 2.1? Or if there is one, point my way to it.

HobbyZone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3m with SAFE Plus Technology is in RF9. I guess you could try using the aircraft editor and scale it up a bit? Maybe try 162%.

Edit; Tried 162% scale and edited fuz/prop to 14.5in. Seemed to fly ok. Certainly a lot easier to see, lol!

Last edited:
HobbyZone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3m with SAFE Plus Technology is in RF9. I guess you could try using the aircraft editor and scale it up a bit? Maybe try 162%.

Edit; Tried 162% scale and edited fuz/prop to 14.5in. Seemed to fly ok. Certainly a lot easier to see, lol!

I recommend looking up the weight of each individual piece and adjusting accordingly.

For the most part I've found that auto scaling with RF9 works very well up to ~125%. Anything higher can be a bit hit/miss. If it does not seem to fly right you def may need to check total weights and CG.

The prop size never seems to scale up/down properly. Did this with RF8 as well (maybe earlier ones as well, cannot remember. I just go to the fuz/prop and increase the diameter accordingly.

For the most part I've found that auto scaling with RF9 works very well up to ~125%. Anything higher can be a bit hit/miss. If it does not seem to fly right you def may need to check total weights and CG.

The prop size never seems to scale up/down properly. Did this with RF8 as well (maybe earlier ones as well, cannot remember. I just go to the fuz/prop and increase the diameter accordingly.
Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever Never ever ever ever ever scale a prop. Always always manually change the diameter and pitch.

Already seems to be accounted for in the RF9 scaling process. The prop dia. seems to be more of a 'visual' thing.

When scaling a prop, RF tends to forget about prop weight and resistance on the powerplant. This is where changing Diameter and pitch come in.

Look mate, do whatever you think works best for you. Kinda looks like you are trolling on this forum. I could be wrong, if so , I'm sorry.

So we are still no closer to an rfx for the Horizon Hobby 2.1 meter Carbon Z Cub? (From a geezer who can barely run a smartphone)

Throwing in my two cents.. I like that there's somewhat of a try-n-buy feature with some models in RealFlight. However, it may be interesting to see RFX swaps come available just as Horizon puts out their downloadable receiver files. Would like to see a downloadable RFX that corresponds to the given product they're selling, on their product's "Support" tab, as they do with the downloadable user's manual etc.

Think Ray 10 just wanted to know if there was a rfx for the Carbon Z Cub 2.1? I am interested as well. A simple yes or no would work for me. Not another file that you fiddle with. No worries just saying. :)

Back