Rick Delten

ilovemetro

Man I haven't heard from him in a longgggggg time. It's sad not having him around to make nice models. Do you think he still comes here and just lays low on some weird account name?

I dont know he might still be banned,i have a nice jet he made thats not out(i think) I might post it,if every one is ok with it.If rick is still banned i say we let him back on,he seems like a cool guy!What did he do to get banned NE way? :(

Don't post it till you get the ok from him! I have almost all of his models but you don't see me posting them. He left here for a reason, whether you like it or not! I think i have well, most of his killer planes. Will not post them though. I really don't think he will be back? For the people that never got to fly his planes, Big time Bummer!

I have almost a 900 mb of planes, airports, av's etc and I respect the makers.

All people should too!

Last edited:
He was originally banned, then came back as FlyGuy, (I think) posted some more, everyone knew it was him, and he still didn't get credit. He scooted right on out of here.

I would like to see his Planes here.

But there are still some good and great Designers here who are mature and responceable. (No doubt rick will or is alredy become mature and responceable)

for those who do not know.

Search for
Rating abuse issue has been solved
or
Please go easy on the ratings

Thanks to all who make Aircraft (and Ground craft ?) for G3 :)

Im off to the swap pages now.

I did a google search for rick delten and found quite actual posts in a 3d forum where he is trying to sell one of his planes and a 3d electric guitar.

Rick is a nice guy.

But all this 'respect the makers' bullcr@p. Respecting the people who make the planes is to give them credit for it when you pass it along, not hoard it to yourself and THINK you are respecting them.

This is my oppinion and yours may not be the same. I DON'T CARE!

Here's my opinion:

- Blasting other people with negative ratings so you can raise the ratings of your own creations: Disrespectful and Immature, with a side order of lack of self esteem

- Deceiving people into thinking that you don't care about ratings while you're bombing other people's work on the rating board: Immature and just plain nasty

- Creating things only so that people will worship you: Immature and egotistical

- Refusing to share your material or punishing people or taking it away because people don't worship you despite your anti-social behaviour: Immature

- Creating something that takes a lot of time and effort and then not sharing it out of spite: Wasteful (of your own time) and immature

We have lots of excellent planes and airfields in G3. We do not need more at the cost of turning the forums into some sort of toddler's club, complete with trantrums and schoolyard bullying.

Personally I wish he'd come back, re-post his stuff and add ot it, stop being anti-social with the rating system, be honest with everyone and generally act like a grown up. I'd also like to retire early on a large sum of money so I can spend the rest of my life indulging my hobbies. I don't see either happening any time soon, but I can keep dreaming I guess.

Sammy Yousef said:
Here's my opinion:

- Blasting other people with negative ratings so you can raise the ratings of your own creations: Disrespectful and Immature, with a side order of lack of self esteem

- Deceiving people into thinking that you don't care about ratings while you're bombing other people's work on the rating board: Immature and just plain nasty

- Creating things only so that people will worship you: Immature and egotistical

- Refusing to share your material or punishing people or taking it away because people don't worship you despite your anti-social behaviour: Immature

- Creating something that takes a lot of time and effort and then not sharing it out of spite: Wasteful (of your own time) and immature

We have lots of excellent planes and airfields in G3. We do not need more at the cost of turning the forums into some sort of toddler's club, complete with trantrums and schoolyard bullying.

Personally I wish he'd come back, re-post his stuff and add ot it, stop being anti-social with the rating system, be honest with everyone and generally act like a grown up. I'd also like to retire early on a large sum of money so I can spend the rest of my life indulging my hobbies. I don't see either happening any time soon, but I can keep dreaming I guess.

I couldnt have said it better myself.

Sammy Yousef said:
Yep ... I'd love to see Rick back, selfishly ... because I really like his airplanes. I can live with his behavior, whether I like it or not. I can tolerate his ego a lot better than I could some of the multi-\split-personality guys (or gals?) who have since left the forum (YEAY!).
By the way, I fulfilled your dream, and retired (though NOT early) on a large sum of money ... but BECAUSE I have indeed indulged my hobbies, that large sum isn't anymore. My heirs will not be happy ... but I am. :D

This may not be a popular response. But asking for Delten back on this forum is just asking for trouble. :rolleyes:

Delten did some nice color schemes and airplanes. But many, many other designers have far more sophisticated models they have donated to the public domain, without the narcisstic attitude included.

My 2-cents

I haven’t been flying for very long or know a lot of people here, but Rick showed everyone his talent as a artist and a designer that to date is un-surpassed . He took time to show me things that other people just laughed and offered no help. There are a lot of good people here and Rick was one of those people. Try taking a look at his other creations they are absolutely amazing.

I found a tribute to Rick on youtube posted and created by EVANATOR it is well worth watching unbelievable flying!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lriI66CtA
Thanks Evanator for the great post.

-Curt

curtwithac said:
I haven’t been flying for very long or know a lot of people here, but Rick showed everyone his talent as a artist and a designer that to date is un-surpassed .

Rick is that you?

But seriously...You do realise you're disrespecting every other airplane designer here by saying this don't you? Unsurpassed means nothing anyone's ever done has been any better than his work.

curtwithac said:
He took time to show me things that other people just laughed and offered no help.

Whereas others including myself saw him simultaneously sabotage people's ratings, boosting his own while telling people ratings aren't important.

This isn't a reality tv pop music show and personally I have no time for Divas.

If people don't want to be mature, by all means please do take your bat and ball and be gone.

rjmanzuk said:
Yep ... I'd love to see Rick back, selfishly ... because I really like his airplanes. I can live with his behavior, whether I like it or not.

Behaviour like his can sour the tone of the board and the hobby. Tolerating an attitude like that from him and not others puts him above others which is not desirable for so many reasons. You don't want a community where someone can behave badly and actually be put above others.

rjmanzuk said:
By the way, I fulfilled your dream, and retired (though NOT early) on a large sum of money ... but BECAUSE I have indeed indulged my hobbies, that large sum isn't anymore. My heirs will not be happy ... but I am. :D

Lucky you. You certainly can't take it with you when you're gone.

Back