Ring Race Challege Level 9 - any advice ??

MarkFred

I'm on level 9 of the Ring Race Challenge & am wondering if anyone has figured out how to get aircraft off the ground & directly into the first ring. I did it once, but all other attempts I have had to do a 360 to gain enough altitude to fly thru the first ring. Appreciate any insights.

Mark

Which Ring Race?
There are three tiers, each with 10 levels.

For the jets and the P-51, you need to retract the landing gear by actuating the CH. 7 switch.

Also, make sure you trim the throttle all the way up.
If you hit the trim switch, and still hear beeps, it's not trimmed all the way up.

Last edited:
Wildcard,
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm on tier I level 9.

Actually, I believe CH. 7 is gear, CH. 6 is flaps (I demonstrated this to myself by looking @ the P-51 in chase view & could see the plane collapse on the grass). Regardless, I'm not getting close to being able to get thru the first ring directly (only after a 360 to gain altitude).

I did trim up the throttle all the way with still no luck.

Any other suggestions ???
Mark

Ring Race I level 9 uses a special challenge variant of the L-39 jet. Flaps are disabled on that challenge variant.

Retracts (Ch. 7) are active as Wildcard said, and they will affect your top speed once you get going. But even with retracts down and on low rates, I had no trouble getting up and through the first ring when I tried just now.

Don't be afraid to give it full elevator right off the ground even though you probably wouldn't crank on it that way at a real field. This is a challenge level, after all.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what's going on there. It's pretty difficult to say without seeing exactly that's happening on your screen and exactly what inputs you're providing. What kind of controller are you using? Is it properly calibrated? I wonder whether you're getting the full range of inputs. Yet you've made it through at least six levels to unlock level 9, so it seems like it can't be too far off...

Ryan,
Finally getting back to this. Turns out I had my elevator trim all out of whack for some reason. Now I'm able to get thru the first ring directly, but just barely.
Thanks for the help.

Mark

Ryan,
Finally getting back to this. Turns out I had my elevator trim all out of whack for some reason. Now I'm able to get thru the first ring directly, but just barely.
Thanks for the help.

Mark
Have you tried increasing the deflection of your elevator in the editor.

Back