legoman

RLU-1 Breezy_EA

Alright, I was confused about what you meant by "automatic and manually, and then your "direct link" comment was/is a little confusing as well....OK, so in the editor, you have to click on the camera in the pilots view/head, once you done that, you`ll see all the parameters in the editor that it takes to set it up, it`s a little complicated the first few times, first you need a moveable pod, then you need too add a camera and servos, and do some naming to the servos, and set their movement limits, which you`ll see in the x,y,z servo movement set up. and of coarse, the cameras need channels assigned to them, in Legomans case he chose the sliders, because they give you the best control for head movement. I`m just giving my best of how he/it`s set up, I`m sure Legoman will chime in. In regards to the second question, I`ll let Legoman answer that. :)

Summaries of the two questions:
  1. Control of camera angle using Interlink DX sliders
  2. Asking @legoman why his first person cameras turn the opposite direction of what I expected.
Better explanations of the two questions:
  1. there are a few times where I have wanted an FPV camera to look around, up and down and left and right. A few of legoman's models do this already. Particularly, his Rlu Breezy (That's the discussion thread that we're in now) So, I spent some time looking at this model's editor, hoping to find out how he did it. However, it was not obvious how he did it. There are multiple items that control the pitch and yaw of the pilot camera. so this question boils down to: is there a direct, simple way to tilt and turn a camera using the DX sliders? 🤔
  2. this second question boils down to: Why does legoman turn his cameras to the left when the slider is pushed right, and to the right when the slider is pushed left?🤔

i started setting up camera sliders on the interlink X and they slide up/down not left/right so I made the simpler change to reverse the slider polarity when the dx came out rather than edit many of my planes to use the default dx. my dx also when bad very quickly (a few months) so I have been back on the interlink x since mid 2020.

The three-position switch (channel 8 [B?] i dont use a dx) changes the "mode of the camera gimbal. they zero key will open a menu that displays what mode the camera mod one end has manual the other end is full auto, and the middle is a semiautomatic setting.

swap the end vertically to reverse the left right

2022-09-04 00_01_14-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg 2022-09-04 00_03_00-Aircraft Editor - RLU-1 Breezy.jpg
- Channel 6 (normally flaps) controls a wing mounted camera to look around

- the channel 8 three position switch controls the presets for the pilot camera look around (make sure the flightmodes gadget is on [ZERO key] so you can tell which setting it is on)

- the sliders on the back of the interlink x and dx control the pilots head. how much depends of the channel 8 position you may want to invert the controls depending on your remote and preferance

manual is direct control from the sliders
semi auto
- you have full look side to side control.
- pitch control the camera tries to keep the same angle in relation to the horizon as you pan side to side. you still have some control to look lower of higher

Full auto
- the look side to side is automatic by the roll/bank angle.
- the pitch is the same semi auto but with the auto pan side to side.

i started setting up camera sliders on the interlink X and they slide up/down not left/right so I made the simpler change to reverse the slider polarity when the dx came out rather than edit many of my planes to use the default dx. my dx also when bad very quickly (a few months) so I have been back on the interlink x since mid 2020.

The three-position switch (channel 8 [B?] i dont use a dx) changes the "mode of the camera gimbal. they zero key will open a menu that displays what mode the camera mod one end has manual the other end is full auto, and the middle is a semiautomatic setting.

swap the end vertically to reverse the left right

View attachment 130373 View attachment 130374
thank you for explaining all that. I knew you would have a good reason for the reversal of camera direction.🤔

Last edited:
Back