Safe Select Mode Turning Off When full Aileron and Elevator Stick Position

Rob Safran

New to flying and RF. I've not been able to get my ix14 B switch to change Safe/AS3X in RF but the keyboard O key works. My Ail/Ele stick is tied to Switch B so it keeps turning off Safe. How do I decouple them and setup my B switch? TIA

Last edited:
You need to go into the Controller Profile (the Edit button on the screen where you choose your controller and there's also a calibrate button).

It sounds like you have RealFlight Channel 8 (not iX channel 8) mapped to the stick input. To change that, go to the Controller Profile, then click the blue button on the line for RealFlight Channel 8, and then wiggle Switch B.

Channel 8 - Mode was set to Proportional Z Rotation. It went to Dial after toggling the B switch. Seemed like I should have set it to toggle or tri-state but it's work now in Proportional and Dial so thanks!!!

Last edited:
So ix14 channel 8 is set to Aux 3 and 12 is set to Aux 7. I've tried to set the I (eye) button for Panic but RF doesn't set it for RF channel 12. I've spent the last couple of hours trying to figure it out but not getting anywhere. I always calibrate RF after making changes.
Help appreciated, TIA

You're probably using a wireless USB receiver such as the WS2000 to connect. If so, the receiver is limited to 8 channels. You'll only be able to use Gear, Aux1, Aux2, and Aux3 for switches/buttons with RF.

You don't need to try to match your channel numbers on the iX14 with the numbers in RealFlight. Use the Controller Profile to map those four channels in the iX14 to the most useful channels in RF.

A typical setup would be Switch A on Gear for landing gear, Switch D on Aux1 for flaps, Switch B on Aux2 for Flight Modes, and then the button (Switch I) on Aux3 for panic or thrust reverse (function depends on the model). Then in the Controller Profile you'd map Switch A to RF Channel 7 Smoke, Switch D to RF Channel 6 Flaps, Switch B to RF Channel 8 Mode, and finally Switch I to RF Channel 12.

That will work great for planes in RF, but if you plan to fly helis then you'll have to change one of those four things such that you assign a switch to RF Channel 9 for heli Throttle Hold. All helis in RF use the Throttle Hold feature.

Last edited:
Back