Sbach Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

CriticalMach

First post here, and really enjoying RF6 w/ the Airplane Megapack. I have been practicing all sorts of tricks with the 35% Sbach and after several attempts, was able to successfully land the Sbach on the roof of the shed at Gold County Aeromodeler's Club in Beale, CA; check out the attached screenie!

Attachments

• Sbach Fun.JPG
    Sbach Fun.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 43
Why are all the veterans so mean in this forum? This poor guy was trying to join in here in the forums. He followed all the acceptable conduct. Good grammar, punctuation. No text speak. He had a complete thought and he even attached his image correctly. Why did he deserve a sarcastic reply. Way to give a horrible first impression. No wonder the numbers are so low with regular posting members. Sophomoric to say the least. :rolleyes:
@flyingcolin, It's good to see your enjoying the sim. :)

Why are all the veterans so mean in this forum?

Good question. I've been here for over 5 years and have never posted until a week ago and so quickly I was reminded why I stay away. This is supposed to be a friendly product support forum, but it is not!
Never have I seen so much rudeness and cynicism on a message board. All the other boards I belong to, they would have been banned ages ago. How is it they get away with it here?

Those guys with 10,000 posts--- I bet if you looked at their post history more than half of them are telling people to "do a search."
10,000 posts on a board like RC Groups when there are thousands of products to discuss is one thing.. But 10,000 posts discussing ONE PRODUCT? That's just plain sad. Where do they find the time? I wonder when was the last time these guys flew an ACTUAL model? Judging by the flight performance of 90% of the models in the swap pages, one has to think-- not very often.

I'm done with this forum. Peace out. Hollar for me if you don't see me for another 5 years.

OK... is sarcasm. It's unnecessary to be rude especially to a first time poster. You don't think flyingcoling will take it that way? It just turns people off to this forum. It's ironic that the members that complain the most about children in the forum act the most like one. It's the elephant in the room with this forum that some of our most prevalent members seem to want to push away prospective posters. We can argue semantics, but we all know the purpose of Opjose's post.

Wow you're quite clairvoyant.
You've already interpreted the OP's reaction, opjose's response.
Please, do share the winning lotto numbers for the next drawing!! :D

Big surprise I'm discussing this with you. I never saw that coming.:rolleyes: I didn't predict either I said "You don't think flyingcoling will take it that way?", and "but we all know the purpose of Opjose's post." How are either of those comments predictions?. They would be suppositions wouldn't they? Semantics just perpetuates things don't you think?
Really not the point in the first place. I just wanted to stand up for one of these poor guys. You can find countless examples of this low brow form of levity that is only found funny by the forum bullies that spew it.

Last edited:
I agree. Sarcasm. Also I think phrank's comments are rude as well. I totally agree Boof...we should encourage not do what is going on above this post. I'm sure I will receive the same flames as the OP and Boof but that is OK.

P.S. Good job flyingcolin. That does take some skill and effort. I was proud of myself the first time I hovered and landed on a roof. Keep up the practice.

I agree. Sarcasm. Also I think phrank's comments are rude as well. I totally agree Boof...we should encourage not do what is going on above this post. I'm sure I will receive the same flames as the OP and Boof but that is OK.
OK indeed. :rolleyes:

Interesting comment thread! No offense taken here. Each forum has it's own culture, and I completely get that. Over at the AOPA forums it's pretty relaxed and only a few oddities lurk around there, flightsim forums are a little crazier, etc.

Sorry to hear someone is leaving these forums, and I certainly hope it wasn't my doing.

Safe flying all, looking forward to pictures of your r/c adventures.

I got to say that like Boof, I did not take Ok... as being affirming, and I saw no reason for it. It does take a certain amount of skill to land on that shed top, and I can see why the OP was wanted to share their accomplishment.

Good Job.

Here's a post from a 10,000+er: there is nothing wrong with searching for your own answers on a forum. If I have the time to answer a post which I don't know, I look it up. I use the same search function that apparently is in bad taste for me to recommend to new users. Why is that? Your answers are here. What is wrong with newbies or veterans finding their own answers? That's why threads can be searched - so others can find them. The search button is not a bad thing or inappropriate thing for anyone to use. It's there for a reason. I'm not supposed to let people know it's there? I'm supposed to do the search for them? Why?

It is a problem that newbs generally don't want to use the search function. I believe that explaining to them there is a search function is fine. Its not really what is being said allot of the time its how its being said.

Never have I seen so much rudeness and cynicism on a message board.

I'm done with this forum. Peace out. Hollar for me if you don't see me for another 5 years.

You get as you give.

While you seem to like pointing the finger at others, you should take a hard look at your own posts and demenor then ask yourself "why did I get what appears to be a rude response".

If you don't read this, then good riddance.

Somebody made a comment that this is a product support forum. It is not. Product support is available for free through Great Planes. these forums were established for RF customers to discuss RF with other RF customers.

Members do not drive other members away. The repeated accusations by the same people are proof of that.

The purpose was to share how much fun he was having I assume. Allot of posts in the forums have little or no purpose other than to share experiences. Is that a bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back