Searching for models

kipper2023

Newbie to RealFlight !

I'm sure this must have been asked many times before but is it possible to search for a particular model in the RF archive of models ?
For example, I have been trying to find the Max-Thrust Riot and have been looking at the various RF versions on the Swap Pages. The models for each version seem to be organised in order of date, not alphabetically, so it requires a certain amount of luck to come across the correct model. The search is made harder because of not knowing which version (if any) the model might have been released in.
Is there a searchable database somewhere ?

Thanks for any help.

Open the swap pages. Click search at top of the page. In the search box click everywhere and change it to swap pages. Type in what you want to search for then click search.

Thanks for your help.
If I go to "swap pages" and don't select any of the Categories eg RF9, RF7 etc, does the search default to searching all of them. I ask be cause I've searched for the WAT 4 model and not got any hits which is a bit of a surprise as its a very popular trainer model.

Thanks for your help.
If I go to "swap pages" and don't select any of the Categories eg RF9, RF7 etc, does the search default to searching all of them. I ask be cause I've searched for the WAT 4 model and not got any hits which is a bit of a surprise as its a very popular trainer model.
What version of RealFlight do you have? I think the Ripmax WOT 4 Foam-E Mk2 has been in RealFlight since RF 7. In RF 9 I have it under RealFlight Legacy Aircraft

I only have RF7 at present.
I'll have another look for the WOT/WAT 4 in RF7 but have been mainly looking for the Max-Thrust Riot in any of the different versions because it has been recommended as a good trainer. I am thinking about buying the model but would like to have it on a simulator first !
Am I correct in thinking that the "Swap Pages" list models only generated by pilots rather than RealFlight themselves ? This maybe is why I don't find, say the WOT4, when I do a search because I'm not searching the models supplied by RealFlight within each version ?
I would like to update to a later RF version but would like to know what models are contained within each version first.

I only have RF7 at present.
I'll have another look for the WOT/WAT 4 in RF7 but have been mainly looking for the Max-Thrust Riot in any of the different versions because it has been recommended as a good trainer. I am thinking about buying the model but would like to have it on a simulator first !
Am I correct in thinking that the "Swap Pages" list models only generated by pilots rather than RealFlight themselves ? This maybe is why I don't find, say the WOT4, when I do a search because I'm not searching the models supplied by RealFlight within each version ?
I would like to update to a later RF version but would like to know what models are contained within each version first.
That's correct swap page models are created by RealFlight "users" not RealFlight. You can go to the RealFlight website and see the models and fields included in RealFlight Evoultion. Here's a link to the webpage.

https://www.realflight.com/product/...are-only-steam-digital-download/RFL2001D.html

Yes the Ripmax Wot 4 is in RF7.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-02 175942.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-02 175942.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for your help but would anyone know what version (if any) the Max-Thrust Riot first appears in.
That particular model is not part of RealFlight's stock content. A user-created version may exist on the swap pages. Rather than browse by category (which would take you a very long time!), I suggest using the search feature.

Newbie to RealFlight !

I'm sure this must have been asked many times before but is it possible to search for a particular model in the RF archive of models ?
For example, I have been trying to find the Max-Thrust Riot and have been looking at the various RF versions on the Swap Pages. The models for each version seem to be organised in order of date, not alphabetically, so it requires a certain amount of luck to come across the correct model. The search is made harder because of not knowing which version (if any) the model might have been released in.
Is there a searchable database somewhere ?

Thanks for any help.
https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/max-thrust-riot_av.30063/ check this out for a edit to the one in RF up to the size weight and power specs think your looking for

Successfully imported the RFX file. Got a Max-Thrust Riot now. Many thanks for your help.
I can now practice on the Sim before flying the model I got for my birthday !

Back