Sedona Photofield

robbr2084

Hello all. I was recently up in Sedona, Arizona, and shot a super high resolution panorama of the valley that contains the beautiful Enchantment Inn. If you are ever in Arizona, it's a truly amazing resort destination.

Download my custom RF6 airport in the swap pages...

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/17197

Here is a sample image from the set. The original complete 360 degree panorama is resolution 32768 x 16384 pixels. It makes a 1.4 GB photoshop file.

regards,
-robb

SedonaWhacky.jpg

Beautiful airport.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm anxious to...

Did you add collision objects for the field AND the mountains/gorge?

Just looking at the screeny ..............
Nice photo..............A little heavy with the Saturation though
Haven't DL'd or imported it but one of the comments left behind say that there are no Depth buffers
In my book thats only 1/2 a Photo Field and and I think deserving of the ratings .........Don't get me wrong it has great potential !.........I'll Dl and import it when you're finished
If you need any help setting the depth buffers just holler;)

Last edited:
YES I know that there is a plastic orange fence object... but putting that into the scene will just show double fences........ I would like an invisible orange fence collision object where you can see through the square holes. Putting up a fence object just makes it impenetrable. How do I know this??

....................................:confused:

I know what you meant and
I was agreeing with you 12......................
What do I have a bugger on my face today?
:p:p

Last edited:
Question for the OP...How was the pano shot... how many pics, how many rows, what lens was used. I have a had time getting people to stand still, so I shoot panos when I am alone.

here is the SedonaWacky AP with depth buffers to try not perfect but works good , thought i'd put it here instead of the swaps , if i'm stepping on toes i'll remove it

Attachments

• SedonaWhacky db_AP.RFX
    341.5 KB · Views: 18
if i'm stepping on toes i'll remove it
What's the story? Did you more or less complete a posted airport that didn't have depth buffers or something like that? I'd compare that to posting an AV, which is another's interpretation of how an existing model should fly. If that's the case, post it!! I think you can even export it without the pano.

so now AV means Airport Variant?

Lots of work to shoot the pic... there is a lot of work to make it work right in the sim too.

Last edited:
More work to make it work realistically in the sim, yes. I see nothing wrong with doug reposting that airport in the swaps, if he finished it.

Nor do I object... thanks Doug... I was working on one myself... great picture to work with.

It can be more work to shoot the picture... (sometimes multiple shoots are required at different times) and it is a lot of work to do a good job on the sim objects. Both needed equally.

Hey Doug... are you prejudice or something? No Heli Spawn??? wats up wid dat? :)

Last edited:
Nooner said:
It can be more work to shoot the picture... (sometimes multiple shoots are required at different times) and it is a lot of work to do a good job on the sim objects. Both needed equally.
Sure would appreciate your input on my Easy Pano thread! ;)

I just wanted to mention if you move the pilot spawn it will throw off the depth buffers from the pilots fixed point of view , as for heli spawn i fly heli too just forgot to put one in haha .

Yep, a pano field can only have one pilot spawn. Not only for the depth buffers to work, but for the pano to appear correctly. The pilot spawn must be where the camera was when taking the pictures.

Back