Serial # may be unauthorized???

WingsWest328

Unfortunately my computer cashed yesterday and I got it basically all back to normal today. Realflight G3 installed fine but when I went to update to 3.5 I got a message saying that the online server has determined that my serial number may be unauthorized. There is a number but I am not able to call during the day. Is there a way I can get this taken care of ASAP? I really don't want to deal with this after having to get my computer going from the ground up.

Thanks,
Cameron :(

I have never had that error. When I would reinstall the program, I would type in my same name and password as the original registration. I don't know that I've ever installed the same software more than say 10 times, but I think there is a limit. How many times have you reinstalled your RF?

Multiple computers, multiple times? That's probably your problem. You may have done it so many times that the server thinks it's now a pirated version.

WingsWest328 said:
Unfortunately my computer cashed yesterday and I got it basically all back to normal today. Realflight G3 installed fine but when I went to update to 3.5 I got a message saying that the online server has determined that my serial number may be unauthorized. There is a number but I am not able to call during the day. Is there a way I can get this taken care of ASAP? I really don't want to deal with this after having to get my computer going from the ground up.

Thanks,
Cameron :(
Any reinstall I have done required a call to RealFlight Support at the number listed on their website (1-217-398-8970). They ask for the serial number and your name for verification and then re-register the software. After that it was installed as if new. Just did this yesterday. Individual I spoke with (Alex I believe) was very helpfull. Any glitches after that I attribute to me (nah) or my equipment.

EP4 Serial Number

Not to be intrusive but has anyone else received a bona fide copy of an EP without a serial number sticker? I purchased a copy of EP4 from Tower back in October of 2007 and went to install but there is not a sticker on the jewel case. Is mine a very unique situation?

If I recall correctly, there was a time in RF's history when they had a problem with a batch of CDs in which the stickers were falling off. That's been quite a while ago. Haven't heard anything lately.

Back