session smoke

jamieopark

Hi guys unfortunately the person using black smoke is back! myself under the name team global rc pilot Jamie parker and someone I fly with using the name team global rc pilot ross baseely host regular sessions and we have just experienced someone coming on to our session using the name team global rc pilot using black smoke. If they come on to your session please remember it is NOT us and we have stopped hosting sessions to eliminate any problems occurring like this again it is a shame that one person cam ruin everyone's fun but it seems like knife edge cannot do anything about it.

thanks for understanding
Jamie parker

As I read it, he is not complaining about the smoke. He is complaining and warning of the use of a false identity. Too bad someone has to try and ruin it for others.

Last edited:
Oh lol yeah i overread that. I just read the part about black smoke and ruining fun. Still, just turn it off altogether if that happens, set a password or ban the person.

Someone has assumed my identity... so I should encourage people to ban myself??

There is just not much you can do about this kind of activity. The guy(s) are hell bent on making people miserable.

This is why we need the ID to be associated with something that can be traced.

He's impersonated so many people that most of us know the name makes no difference. We know he's just trying to get more attention by seeing if he can get on that persons nerves. 99.9% of the sessions I participate in are password protected anymore. Join an RC forum and get to know people. There will be plenty of sessions to fly in with others he can't get into. Maybe he should go back to making offensive/obscene session names.

Last edited:
Still ?

This "FLY" keeps screwing up sessions for everyone. Almost all of the rooms are password protected. And there is never more than 1 or 2 in a room because nobody has the password...
This is ridiculous...

maybe just ban the guy from the session. One warning and then kick/ban him.

If everyone did that, maybe he would stop...

The problem from what I've read is people are doing that, but he still comes back in. Realflight bans the ip from connecting but the guy is either using a VPN and getting a new ip address each time or he does not have a static ip for his Internet so he just gets a new ip address.

I understand that... but, if I get kicked in every session I enter, eventually I get the message.

The tools just don't exist at this point. Kicking someone really needs to be linked to their registration... of course he will just jimmy that too.

Maybe KE needs a master control for the session creator to turn off smoke for everyone. Just some ideas. The chances of this happening on an old product, are slim and none, I admit.

I wish they would keep RF-7.5 around for a while longer. I just bought two more full copies.

He just messed up my session.

I do wish the owner of RF would at least acknowledge this is a problem with some kind of statement and at least an attempt at moderation.

Back to passwords it is.

Yeah, you can't ban him because he rotates his ip address so banning does not good.

Someone obviously missed a few good beatings from their likely absent father.

I don't think Knife edge really feels this is a problem as they haven't even made multiplayer a part of RF-X. Sad that one of the most powerful training tools of a simulator isn't even recognized by the developer.

Someone just needs to use their fine tracking computer skills and find out where the bastard lives. Take him outside to his piece of crap 84 ford futura that emits black smoke from the exhaust and put his frickin mouth on the tail pipe.....

He just messed up my session.

I don't think Knife edge really feels this is a problem as they haven't even made multiplayer a part of RF-X. Sad that one of the most powerful training tools of a simulator isn't even recognized by the developer.

Maybe thats the reason they havent made multi-player an option yet....they KNOW this is a problem, and have yet to decide upon the best solutuion?

This guy currently re-appears under a new IP address within 2 minutes in RF7.5, no matter how many times you ban him....Maybe they dont want their New Baby to be defiled by this f*cktard just yet, and will have a multi-player upgrade that addresses the problem to their liking?

One can only hope:)

Disable particles

Problem solved

As I've stated many MANY times...

Leave particles alone.

The better solution is to HIDE the S-Stain. That way you don't see his stupid 400 sized yellow idiotmobile hanging in front of the camera blocking the view.

I repeat this because there may be new users who don't realize there is a better solution than disabling particles for the entire room.

Turn off Particles? Not exactly.....

Pretty sure the Hosts connection is affected by how much smoke is projected on HIS screen, whether the Host turns of particles or not...

Remember its not just one exhaust with the guy flying around..., its 10 or more smoke pots on each wing, black, 4 seconds duration each, parked in front of the camera....an ever increasing exponetial curve of "data" to process.... his sytem may support it, but his presence in my room is an (eventual) drain on mine, even with particles off.

I will eventually get lag/crash if I just let him roam at will after a few minutes.

Remember his target is the Host....if he annoyes other visitors so much the better...but even if everyone present turns off particles, the Hosts Connection will suffer, thats his game...

Last edited:
Not exactly.....

Pretty sure the Hosts connection is affected by how much smoke is projected on his screen, whether the Host turns of particles or not...

Remember its not just one exhaust with the guy flyng around..., its 10 or more smoke pots on each wing, black, 4 seconds duration, parked in front of the camera....an exponetial curve of "data" to process.... his sytem may support it, but his presence in my room is an (eventual) drain on mine.

I've turned off particles while hosting, but will eventually get lag/crash if I just let him roam at will after a few minutes.

I still love how he spends $179.99 just to be a (insert colorful word of your choice here) to people on a freakin' r/c simulator. There's a million other games to be a jerk to people on, so why would you use an r/c simulator of all things to be a (insert colorful word of your choice here)?

Maybe it's some disgruntled former employee :rolleyes: Probably just some immature <insert word here> overprivileged spoiled <insert word here> though.

Last edited:
Back