Setting up a DX8 in RF8 (Safe Mode)

Armor9

Just purchased a DX8 and am having some trouble in setting it up in RF8 to work with the E-Flite Safe Mode. I can get the 3 modes to switch, but I am having trouble figuring out which button is the "oh ****" button. I figure it would be the upper left (bind) push button, but how do I get that to work in game?

Thank you for any assistance.

What aircraft are you trying to use? Does the aircraft have that feature? There is a video at the top of this forum and there are other radio setup instructions at top of RF7 section of this forum.

What aircraft are you trying to use? Does the aircraft have that feature? There is a video at the top of this forum and there are other radio setup instructions at top of RF7 section of this forum.

First of all, thank you for the reply.

Yes, the video was helpful to a degree. The one issue I am finding is the Button I (upper left button) does not appear to be registering at all in the game.

As for the SAFE mode, yes, I am trying the Apprentice 15 S, same plane I really have and it has SAFE mode. The main issue is I cannot map the "recover mode" so when I am say in Intermediate mode and lose control, I cannot get it to auto recover.

Finally, in game, but channel is the "recover mode" bound to?

Thanks again!

You need to mix the I button to one of the available channels the simulator sees. You didn't say what adapter you are using. I know my OrangeRX USB one only sees 7 channels from my DX9. I don't have the Spektrum WS1000 to know how many it does. Many of the helis in RF use the D/R channel for the rescue so I have it (I) mixed in the radio to map there.

BTW Even though RF8 has AS3X they have not done a rescue feature. The plane or heli has to be designed with that by the creator. I guess you could use the stability modes as a type of rescue.

Normally I just use the Interlink Elite as it's convenient.

Last edited:
So when you say mix, I mix the I button to a channel on the controller itself and then RF will see the channel activated when I press the button correct?

I could have sworn when I pressed the rescue button on the other controller it worked. I'll have to check again. Perhaps, when you press the button it just changes the mode back to "SAFE Beginner" like you mentioned.

Thanks again.

So when you say mix, I mix the I button to a channel on the controller itself and then RF will see the channel activated when I press the button correct?

I could have sworn when I pressed the rescue button on the other controller it worked. I'll have to check again. Perhaps, when you press the button it just changes the mode back to "SAFE Beginner" like you mentioned.

Thanks again.

Yes set up a P-Mix on your radio under Mixing for your simulator profile. You can edit what the channels are doing in the RF editor or even add SAFE modes yourself. I have done it to both helis and planes.

You need to mix the I button to one of the available channels the simulator sees. You didn't say what adapter you are using. I know my OrangeRX USB one only sees 7 channels from my DX9. I don't have the Spektrum WS1000 to know how many it does. Many of the helis in RF use the D/R channel for the rescue so I have it (I) mixed in the radio to map there.

BTW Even though RF8 has AS3X they have not done a rescue feature. The plane or heli has to be designed with that by the creator. I guess you could use the stability modes as a type of rescue.

Normally I just use the Interlink Elite as it's convenient.

The Spektrum WS1000 can utilize 8 channels...

Check out the YouTube Channel from Nightflyyer, he elaborates on the Spektrum WS1000. I have one but haven't used it yet...

Back