Setting up DX8 Gen 2 And Dongle Nightmare

Hi

Im new to RC sims and RC, bought Evolution and just cant seem to get the transmitter set up correctly, main flight surfaces are okay but none of the switches are assigning and also the aircraft is taking ages to respond to any input. Ive looked at loads of videos but just dont seem to be getting anywhere :mad:

Any advice on setting this up correctly would be great as Im on my second RIOT after crashing them

Thank you

In a nutshell, you first set up a simple acro model on your DX8G2 - normal wing/tail type, and then whichever switches you like for the Gear, Aux1, Aux2, and Aux3 channels. Then you bind it with the WS2000, start up RealFlight, and assign your eight radio channels to eight of the RealFlight virtual channels using the Controller Profile screen.

I have a writeup here that goes into a lot more detail.

Hi Thankyou

How do I setup the different dual rates and expo please as I have these on three different switches currently for rudder, aileron and elevator. If this is not possible can you please suggest a work around, thanks again

Are you familiar with setting up dual rate and expo in the DX8G2? If so, do it there, and then in the RealFlight Controller Profile, uncheck the box that says "Enable Software Radio Dual Rates and Expo".

If you'd rather change DR and Expo in the models in RealFlight, I have a section about how to do that in my writeup about the InterLink DX controller, here. The process would be the same for any controller if you choose to use RealFlight to manage DR/Expo.

Thank you, can you assign different switches for DR/expo if I choose to you use the DX8 or is it easier to use the software. If its easier to use the dx8 and i use one switch to change the dr and expo which one would you assign to on the software as its not clear to me which switch would change dr and expo on the channel setup in the evolution.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Yes, you can set up DR and Expo any way you like on the DX8. I'd say it's easier on the DX8, although the one drawback there is that the DR and Expo settings may be different for different models in RF. If you really want to be precise about the DR/Expo for a certain model, then that might get to be a challenge as you change from plane to plane in RF. That said, I just set up three levels of DR on the transmitter on a three-position switch - 100%, 85%, and 70% - with a little bit of Expo for each. I don't think it's that critical to try to tune DR/Expo to the specific plane.

Keep in mind that RealFlight isn't going to tell you which switch on your DX8 does which functions. That's up to you based on how you map the switches to channels on the DX8, and then how you map those channels from the WS2000 to RealFlight channels/functions using the Controller Profile.

If you let RF manage the DR/Expo settings, then you would select that using a switch assigned from your DX8/WS2000 to RF Channel 5, "Ele Dual Rates". Some aircraft in RF are set up to have three channels for DR/Expo, one each for Ail, Rud, and Ele. Many have all three assigned to just the one switch.

Back