Setup error occurred in real flight G5

dacalmo

Hello.

I need your help. Yesterday, I bought real flight G5 version.

When I tried to install real flight G5 software, it couldn't work.

I inserted the CD I got from package pack, and double click the setup.exe file.

Then, I could see the following two error messages.

First message is "Error loading buffer in file E:\setup.ini"

Second message is "KEError 15011:setup file E:\setup.ini missing Productinfo block"

What should I do to install and enjoy real flight G5?

Please help me.

Definitely follow the instructions in Jeff's post.

I can't even find those error codes on the net. (Unusual)

Why did you have to click the .exe file when the launcher should install the program?

Last edited:
Follow Jeff's post first.

Then copy the ENTIRE DVD to a folder on your hard drive.

It sounds like your computer is having problems reading the DVD.

This could be an issue with a bad or scratched disk or more likely ( since the disk is new ) a bad or worn DVD/CD reader.

Please help me!

opjose said:
Follow Jeff's post first.

Then copy the ENTIRE DVD to a folder on your hard drive.

It sounds like your computer is having problems reading the DVD.

This could be an issue with a bad or scratched disk or more likely ( since the disk is new ) a bad or worn DVD/CD reader.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I read your advice, I copyed the entire DVD to a folder on my hard drive.

Then, I could execute the setup.exe file. I was excited.

I clicked the installation button. Unfortunately, I faced another error message.

The message is "Please insert disk #1, labelled RFV5_1, in your drive and click OK."

When I saw the message, I inserted the original DVD to my DVD drive, and clicked OK button.

But, the setup program couldn't start installing program. It expressed the same message - Please insert...... - again and again.

It makes me feel frustrated... Please help me...

Technical Support Contact:

Support Website: Great Planes Product/Technical Support Site

Telephone Contact: 217-398-8970 (Option 1)

(Available Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM CST.)

He only wanted you to copy the DVD to see if your drive could read it. If that was successful, then you have another problem, like the aforementioned DEP settings or security software. Please post your specs as outlined in the link I provided.

Error After Loading RF5.5

When trying to start RealFlight 5.5 I receive the following error:
"Error loading buffer in file c:\users\owner\documents\realflight g5\realflight.ini"

I have followed Jeff's instructions and attached my system information.

Patiently waiting your help.

G5.5 Error

Grrr . . . Try this. I think it uploaded this time.

Thanks.

Attachments

• system information.txt
    46.7 KB · Views: 12
It's a reach, but I've seen weird problems with CD/DVD Roms in the past with different issues, especially burning software. Unless you disc is scratched, I suspect you have a hardware problem with your CD/DVD drive reading some DVD's but not all. Try this...

Go to HP's website and search for downloads for your particular machine. There may be a FIRMWARE upgrade for your PC. Don't confuse drivers with firmware, but there may be a self executable for your drive.

I just did one for a DELL PC I was working on yesterday. (unrelated problem, just a standard re-image, bios flash, etc...)

Thanks! Got rid of that error. Now I am receiving another.
"KEError 32145: Error Opening.adj file for write: c:\users\owner\documents\RealFlight G5\cache\data\RFV5auto.adj". When I close that error I receive "error initializing disk pool"

Thanks again.

What folder(s) do your TEMP and TMP variables point to?

Are these folders empty ( they should be... if you haven't cleaned them out in a while do so ASAP! ).

FYI: I prefer to redirect both to a top level ( root ) folder such as C:\Temp after creating it.

That way I can easily find all the junk other programs leave littered about in there... and remove it.

Also make SURE that the folder c:\users\owner\documents\RealFlight G5\ and all folders below it are WRITEABLE.

You may not have permissions to the entire folder structure.

G5 needs administrative privilages the first time it is run after the installation. It also works best it if has these priviliages all the time.

You can opt to give it admin privs by using the "run as administrator" option.

Finally you have a large number of useless programs that are being loaded when your computer first starts up.

Normally people who are not too well versed with computers, permit these things to be installed without given a thought to their effects.

You should clean these up.... programs such as "Autoruns" will help isolate and eliminate useless startup programs.

Back