Should I purchase RF9?

Ultracon

I have been using RFX but when I decided to move to my DX8 Tx and go wireless I found out that RF-X is not compatible with ANY wireless dongle. Is RF9 head and shoulders better than RFX? Thanks!

If your speaking graphics quality RF-X is head and shoulders above RF-9. But RF-9 is the logical extension of RF 7.5 and RF-8 so it has all the features RF-X lacks. So if better graphics is what you want and you're happy with the performance of RF-X on your computer then RF-X has the best graphics. But if you've had one of the older versions of RealFlight and were happy with the graphics then RF-9 is the way to go. It has the best modeling support so people like me that create new aircraft for the swap pages can put more detail into their planes and it has the best VR support too. I'm sure others will chime in with some other views of your question.

Last edited:
This is can be controversial. I have both. I like both simulators. The answer is based on your intended use. RFX can be more gamelike when used in FPV mode. Both simulators have VR capability. I like using the simulator to practice flying at the local field. My choice for that is RF9. If you want wireless, you only have one choice. I believe that you are limited to 8 channels over the USB devices. That means that you need a wireless keyboard and mouse. I can't give you an answer, just some of the considerations.

Good luck. RF9 is really not that expensive and the InterlinkDX is great.

Been working on getting RealFlight 9 ready for the 2020 season and have to say that RF 9 is leaps and bounds beyond anything that’s come before! The physics in RC sims have been phenomenal for awhile, but it took a lot of tweaking to get the planes to handle just as they do in real world. Right out of the box, the planes in RF 9 handle (feel) virtually the same as they do in the real world using the Interlink controller. That means a virtual seamless transition into real world flying for those who practice on RF 9. RF 9 is the sim us "flyers" have been waiting for! 6 stars

Just my humble opinion ( which - coupled with about 4 bucks will get you a latte at starbucks!) but RF9 is the best RC simulator I have used. The new Interlink DX controller in and of itself and the software changes to handle many more channels if using the Interlink DX is worth the price of admission all on it's own.

Back