Shutdown

Regal

As anyone experienced total shut down of computer while playing sim.
Sometimes it runs for only a few minutes other times longer, I have been timing it and it varies.
The longest run as been 37min 40 secs. the shortest 4min 10 sec .
Any help would be appreciated.

Overheat problem? I'd check cooling fans & heatsinks. Blow any crap out of them.
Ditto on Bill's quote.

Also, if you have fan-control software (like the Alienware Command Center) (AWCC AWOC) like the solution in my Dell, make sure that its working properly, your bios is at the latest level and the fan software is at the latest level.
You might also have a defective fan. They are pretty easy to order|replace should that be the issue. Usually what you're experiencing is a simple overheating problem, usually because of clogged vents, or slow defective fans or control software.

marcus

To clear blocked vents/heatsinks, blow the opposite direction from the normal airflow direction... blow into the air exit. Dust, lint, cat hair, etc. can form something resembling a felt pad that blocks airflow. You might even need to use a small brush to open the air passages.

HAHA, Yeah, just be sure you don`t blow any fans out of their housing/s.....The last time I blew out the dreaded "Dust Bunnies".. I blew a fan out of its housing,...never even saw it come out, keep in mind, it was only held in place magnetically...ANYWAY,,, my computer fried because of that "NOW" missing fan, right at the very close to being complete color scheme of my Jim Leroy CS.... WELL, nothing was salvageable, had to buy a new comp... AND had to start the CS all over...UGH, anyone that is familiar with that CS can see, it`s not an easy one,.. BUT perseverance prevailed, and I completed it.....SO, just be careful how you use compressed air.

Be careful using compressed air to clean fans that are still attached. Spinning the fan makes the motor act like a generator feeding current back into the circuit board. This can fry your electronics.

Back