Sig 4-Star 54 ARF

I guess it's time for an update. I've been really slow about starting the SIG 4 STAR 54 ARF build but today I took the first step. Since I plan to model the 4 Star 54 ARF after I build it I decided to buy a small digital food scale to weigh the parts before I started building anything. So today I finally got started and unpacked all the parts and weighed them. So now I have the basics for the RealFlight model. I plan to build the real plane and fly it a bit before I start modeling the ARF for RealFlight but I wanted the physics to be as accurate as possible to see how close I can get the flying between the real plane and the RF model.

I just finished adding all the weights to a text file so I'll paste them here at the end of this post. Being honest I was really surprised at how light everything was. I haven't taken the engine out and weighed it yet so I'll add that later, and of course the glue I use here and there on the ARF will add a bit.. but I doubt very much. And of course I'll weigh the finished plane and add that weight to this tread too. So in the end all the weights will be in this thread. So here's what I ended up with today. Notice the two wing halves are different weights, and I weighed them several times to be sure and they were always the same weight.

Sig 4 STAR 54 ARF Parts Weighed on a Taylor Digital Food Scale 3807BK-21

FUSELAGE COMPLETE with fuel tank door - 13.8 oz
HSTAB COMPLETE with hinges - 1.7 oz.
VSTAB COMPLETE with hinges - 0.7 oz
LEFT WING COMPLETE with hinges - 7.2 oz
RIGHT WING COMPLETE with hinges - 6.8 oz
COWL - 1.7 oz
CANOPY 0.7 oz
BOTH WHEEL PANTS 2.3 oz
LANDING GEAR WITH AXLES and COLLARS - 3.9 oz
LANDING GEAR TIRE (each) - 0.3 oz
TAIL WHEEL ASSEMBLY with Mount and Spring Gear) - 0.6 oz