Sig Rascal

vonfife911

Hey all,
I've recently received a Rascal 110 and was looking for a plane for that would fly like it in G3.5. When I got the plane, the Cessna 170 popped into my head. Any ideas if the 170 will fly like the 110 because they look almost exactly alike. Any tips for flying the real Rascal 110 would also be appreciated.
Thanks,
Derek

Attachments

• Rascal2.jpg
    Rascal2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 874
i havent flown one personally but from what ive seenit should be an easy flying airplane with the big wing,wats the span?

harv

You Betcha!

lol, thats the most important ;) . I have enough hours with giant scale aircraft that it shouldn't be a problem. My second attempt at flying with a gas engine :eek: . Gonna test it tonight.

If you own that SIG shoot me some Pics

I would like to make one for G3.5 but need better Pic's of it. I'll need a Picture of it standing on it nose aginest the wall.. Take the picture and make sure the wings tips and Tail is in full view... Next do a Front view, AT THE SAME DISTANCE you took the top view. and a Side view with out the wing..Again the same distance... DO NOT ZOOM all the pics need to be the same scale.... My be some goos close up on the Tails and nose for detail work.. get me the pics and I get to work.. I can give it just stock phyics and you can make it fly like yours RC

Wow, if you would do that, it would be awsome. I'll have to wait until I get my mom's camera from work because all I have is my camera phone :eek: . Most of the covering is clear so could you model all the ribs? Would you also model the Zenoah G26, too? I don't mean to get picky, it's up to you what you want it to look like, I'm just greatful you're considering making it. :D
Going for its maiden tommorow, hopefully all goes well. G26 purring like a cat, wind is said to be 2-7 mph. Wish me luck! :p

Last edited:
Ya the Rascal is one of the RC's I plane to try just for the Clear skin. I can do the model pretty easly Now, but I'm still learing the making of the Maps for the colorchemes. But can make it and you can fly it even with out any color on it. Here is the one I'm working one now. Tihs one needs the paint too.

https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=20323

If you take the pictures make sure thay are clear and bright. I'll trun them in to a Drawing like below and use them for refence in the CAD Program.

Attachments

• piper_pa12_3v.jpg
    piper_pa12_3v.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 118
This is from the back of my Electric Sig Rascal Kit Manual.

Very similar to the one mentioned above.

Good Luck,
Frank...

Attachments

• SIG Rascal C.jpg
    SIG Rascal C.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 197
OK that should enough to get me started

OK that should enough to get me started

Thanks Phranks and Ozzy

I can start on the model at least. I'm still trying to figure out the best and easiest way to map the texture. I have only mapped in wings so far. Wings Maps work but while importing them in to the other programs for pivots points placement, I lose the Alpha Channel info. ( Alpha channel is the thing that makes the Clear sections ) Hopefully I get it worked out. I have two models waiting to get mapped..

bigbux

Just a side note that from this thread I got the hots for the Rascal's big brother from Sig, the Model 110. So far, though, the cheapest bird combo I can find out there is about $1,500. That seems a tad high for a sport bird that isn't intended for 3D or such; even if it IS a giant. Your thoughts?

Is the Rascal from this thread coming along?

Super!

old22bbq said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG1HipPgghA

Please let me know when you have a 110 for RF 4.0

My model has a drop box for a 3.5lb RC skydiver and a tow hook for sail planes

The G-38 on it is awesome and has the B&B smoke

Thanks
Great airplane ... and really stable platform for the camera ... but if it were me, I'd go one step further and add some shock\vibration isolators either to the engine mounts or the camera mounts; whichever is easier. Then it would be rock solid at all throttle settings. Thanks for sharing the video. I love the 110; but I need to go electric with mine due to where I fly.

there are tons and tons of shocks out there with differing degrees of complexity, but I've had some luck with these: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSKK9&P=7

Good start.

Ok got a good start on the Rascal 110. Going try to get this one done quick, I'll have it ruffed out for this weekend. Still stuck on the clear covering, so I'll map it later, after I get it worked out. Any one want to do the physics set up for this one. PM me if your serious.

Attachments

• Rascal01.jpg
    Rascal01.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Rascal02.jpg
    Rascal02.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 107
measurements for the Rascal 110 landing gear?

Can any one get me the measurements for the Rascal 110 landing gear.

Here is what I need.

Attachments

• RASCAL09.JPG
    RASCAL09.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Ras-gear.jpg
    Ras-gear.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 75
ok on to the next step

Ok The Ruff Version of the Rascal 110 is finished. I got some one working of the physics while I keep adding detail. I need to make the internal ribs in the area where the skin is going to be transparent. I have to do some smoothing, and them map it. But none of that effect the physics once it is finished. I'm looking for about 3 weeks to have it finish.

EDIT The plane will have a bit of dihedral when the ribs are finish, Its helps to make them with a flat wing. See Pic

Attachments

• Rascal10.jpg
    Rascal10.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 105
  • RASCAL11.JPG
    RASCAL11.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 131
  • RASCAL12.JPG
    RASCAL12.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Back