Simms at School Demos

Edwin Smith

Our club does school demos at elementary schools, science nights and such. I've been using G2, but the disc is damaged and couldnt load it onto a new laptop. Another guy in the club gave me his G3.5 to use but kept the interlink controller. Loaded fine, and noticed when entering the serial numbers the interlink center number was hard coded with I2. Mine is IC. Is there a way to make it work or am I out of luck? Other than school demo's, I have no use for a simm. I'm one of the club instructors but I have not had a use for it in training. Most students buy their own and practice before they get to me (a big time saver). I'm assuming there is no support for this version or is there a way I can send my current interlink controller in to exchange for a compatible one?
Edwin Smith

If he gave you G3, he should've given you the interlink. It's against the EULA to seperate them. You're out of luck. You could look to eBay, etc. but make sure the interlink is included with the software.

Call Tech Support. Interesting... you are so good you don't need to use a sim??? Right! You guys confound me.

I too am a club instructor... I fly the sim almost every day. I learn much faster on the sim than at the field. I can try thing without risking my expensive planes. I fly every day to stay current and practice my skills.

Even commercial pilots use simulators to practice.

Last edited:
I don't know how big your club is but if the members are dedicated to this school demo program for the good of the hobby it shouldn't be too much of a financial burden on the club to supply a proper sim. Your local hobby shops might also like to help you out with a little sponsorship or discounts if you ask them.

Back