smartypants1234

smartypants1234

have just purchased used 3.5 with interlink ELITE tx with complete serial nos....knifedge say they are not compatable that is why program wont initiate.they didnt offer solution but figure someone out their has had similar problem..would appreciate solution, been out of the sky way too long!!!

Run, do not walk and purchase the UPGRADE to 6.x which is only $50.00.

Since you received the Elite 6.x works fine with it, and you effectively have received a wonderful bargain!

I don't understand why the seller did not give you the 3.x controller instead... but you are ahead because of it.

yup .........
The Elite was released with 4.0
so 3.5 wont except the serials for a 4.0+ Interlink "Elite" (3.5 came with the Interlink "Plus" )

As opjose suggests run to your lhs and get the upgrade

I cant speak for KE ............so I'd double check with tech support first, .....................

But I think its the only possible solution to your problem at this point .............. I'm wondering why support did not give you the upgrade option when you talked with them ?

As I understand the upgrade is its a full install of RF 6.0 , upgradeable to 6.5 and has its own serial and should except the Elite serials
(double bonus: I don't think it will matter if the last 3.5 user did not de-register the 3.5 copy )

Last edited:
Tech support may have been suspicious of the package you describe, because it is indeed suspicious. Each InterLink is sold as part of a package along with the software. They should be sold together or not at all, whether new or used.

RealFlight G3 shipped with the InterLink Plus. The InterLink Elite was not available until RealFlight G4 or later.

That's why the situation you describe doesn't add up. You should have received an InterLink Plus to go with that G3 software, or else the purchase should have been for a later version of the software to go with that InterLink Elite. Mixing and matching isn't allowed and doesn't make sense. In this case, somebody somewhere must be missing an InterLink Elite that they need.

At any rate, there's nothing you can do to make G3 work with that InterLink Elite. There is no workaround. But as others have said, you can purchase the RealFlight 6.5 upgrade.

Back