Smoke disappears when looking through glass

DJB78

I just noticed this today. Smoke (and I guess exhaust trails) don't appear when looking through glass.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1331681129.jpg
    ScreenShot1331681129.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 24
What do you mean "no it doesn't"? I've provided visual evidence that it does, in fact, disappear.

RC "Glass" simulator? :confused:

what's your point?
Do you have a problem with me making an observation and reporting my findings to help Knife Edge put the best product possible on the market?

The other day I pointed out that at the Shipyard flying site, "sea level" was actually some arbitrary number like 7700' vice 0'.
I take the time to report these findings and what do I get?
I got a very rude reply from someone telling me to go make my own flying site.

It is a Simulator, the elevation really makes no difference!
Yes in real world elevation makes a big difference as far as engine mixture.
Give me a break though, this a tool to learn how to fly R/C planes!
It is not a sim for flying real planes and has never been that.
The air you fly thru is trivial, the settings as far as real world is how you get your liking.
Go to the editor and make it your own,

what's your point?
Do you have a problem with me making an observation and reporting my findings to help Knife Edge put the best product possible on the market?

nonsense....

Were you TRUELY interested in "help(ing) Knife Edge put (out) the best product possible on the market", you might have spent a moment to do a search first, to be sure you are barking up the right tree.

The "point" which you seem to have missed, was a hint that this is an RC simulator.

As such there is no "glass" modeled in the sim, but there are transparency effects achieved through the use of alpha layers in textures.

That you elected to "view" the plane through one of these textures, goes outside the design of the sim, much like the "elevation" point you tried to raise before.

Lurking for a bit before reporting what you may percieve as "problems" would clue you in to where the limits lie and not bend you so out of shape.

Had you made a flying site as suggested, you would have learned quite a bit about how the simulator handles "sea level". That was actually a good suggestion.

Last edited:
Back