So far, so good

fivespeed

I just switched to using the DirectIX 11 Beta. I am only just getting started with it but so far everything seems to work well. I do have a 12th gen intel cpo and when I use the internal graphics everything works as expected whereas before it would not work at all. I have a graphics card in my laptop as well and I do prefer to run with that. Nothing new there as yet either.

I know this is a huge undertaking for your development staff to upgrade the DirectX version. I'll keep exploring and see what bugs I can find.

I just got a rf evolution on 9-9 and loaded it into a brand new 17” hp laptop with a 13 generation intel core i7 and intel irlsx graphics. All I got was the plane sitting on the runway. I followed your steps to load the DX11 beta and everything works great. Thanks for the help

I am away at the moment and I cant wait to run it on my I9 13900KS and and 4090 in VR! Its running really sweet om my surface 2 Pro laptop at full graphics !

I migrated over to DX11 beta last night and have not had any issues. I attached the dxdiag file in case you were interested in my configuration. I've only been using RF EVO for 6 months (migrated up from trainer edition) and am definitely considered a RC noob. I made a few minor edits to the 2 planes I train with (Apprentice STS and Aeroscout), mainly for SAFE. I also use the legacy menus. My radio is a RadioMaster tx16s mk2, 4 in 1 module internal, spek ws2000 dongle. I'm quite happy that you've updated to dx11, even though my system uses dx12. Thanks for all your handwork.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    116 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for feedback!

With regards to DX12, my understanding is that he´s more difficult and time-consuming to work with for the developpers as more close to hardware level or here just not needed to go at this level. DX12 was released around 2015 but apps are still being developed for the easier and often more stable DirectX 11.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, @kblackw! I'm very glad to hear it is working well for you. I hope you're finding the full RealFlight Evolution to be a worthwhile upgrade from Trainer Edition as you develop your skills.

DirectX 12 is radically different than all previous versions of DirectX. Typically people who release simulation & game software for DX12 use a third-party engine like Unreal and rely upon the support already built into that instead of having to deal with it directly. For a few different reasons, targeting DX12 instead of DX11 would have been a bad choice in our case. We definitely would not be where we are now with a public beta out in the world if we had attempted that route.

Thankfully, DX11 should be around quite a long time still, and once we're stable there we have more options.

Back