some order confusion? software only email download

sterk03

Just ordered the evolution and it said it was an email order. To me that is a download link for my order not a disc sent in a box.

I know we are approachng a holiday but normally email orders are sent when payment is sent and a link for the download with a password. Can someone chime in who maybe just went through this.

thanks

Sterk03

Horizon is going through a major computer system upgrade this weekend (July 1-4) and will be much slower than usual to respond to all orders. There's a notice on horizonhobby.com right now.

What they'll send you is a unique activation code for a license on Steam. It's not a link with a download. If you're not familiar with Steam, you can use the time to find out what that's all about. Steam is an online store for PC gaming. You'll need to create an account there, install the Steam program on your computer, and then ultimately you'll use the Steam program to activate the code they e-mail to you. Steam will handle downloading and installing the program on your computer.

Horizon is going through a major computer system upgrade this weekend (July 1-4) and will be much slower than usual to respond to all orders. There's a notice on horizonhobby.com right now.

What they'll send you is a unique activation code for a license on Steam. It's not a link with a download. If you're not familiar with Steam, you can use the time to find out what that's all about. Steam is an online store for PC gaming. You'll need to create an account there, install the Steam program on your computer, and then ultimately you'll use the Steam program to activate the code they e-mail to you. Steam will handle downloading and installing the program on your computer.

do you know if the steam key is region locked or would work in europe?

If you plan on buyin its best to go straight to steam and buy thru them because if you buy thru RealFlight you wil have to wait and them to send you your download code. Not a speedy process....... If you buy thru Steam you download and play

Just ordered the evolution and it said it was an email order. To me that is a download link for my order not a disc sent in a box.

I know we are approachng a holiday but normally email orders are sent when payment is sent and a link for the download with a password. Can someone chime in who maybe just went through this.

thanks

Sterk03
Realflight is no longer available on a CD. The only way to get Real Flight is through the Steam app. and as a digital download. All that comes in the box is a code.

Back